Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    What about Bester and Wregget. I think those two suffered more from the horrible teams in front of them than anything.

For actual good goaltender duos, that Sawchuk-Bower tandem was pretty good.
    I loved Wregget. I think he was a very good goalie. Never liked Bester and got very upset whenever he started. Apparently, they didn't like each other.
    Still irked about when Sergio Momesso scored from outside the blue line in OT to knock the Leafs out of the playoffs in game 6 in '90 or '91. Seconds later you see a program coming from the crowd in Bester's direction. Classic!!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I loved Wregget. I think he was a very good goalie. Never liked Bester and got very upset whenever he started. Apparently, they didn't like each other.
    Still irked about when Sergio Momesso scored from outside the blue line in OT to knock the Leafs out of the playoffs in game 6 in '90 or '91. Seconds later you see a program coming from the crowd in Bester's direction. Classic!!!
    That's funny as I was more of a Bester fan myself. That Momesso goal happened in 1990 and actually happened in Game 3 after the Leafs had staged a furious comeback in the final two minutes of the third period to tie the game from a two goal deficit. That game all but ended Bester's career with the Leafs and pretty much ended that season for Toronto as they fell behind in that series 3-0 and would eventually lose the series 4-1.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That's funny as I was more of a Bester fan myself. That Momesso goal happened in 1990 and actually happened in Game 3 after the Leafs had staged a furious comeback in the final two minutes of the third period to tie the game from a two goal deficit. That game all but ended Bester's career with the Leafs and pretty much ended that season for Toronto as they fell behind in that series 3-0 and would eventually lose the series 4-1.
    Great memory Ravi. I remember the Leafs using 3 goalies that season including Jeff Reese and Mark Laforest. Laforest owned the Blues that year (I believe the Leafs won the season series something like 6-2), but he was injured and not available. I think Reese won game 4 and then was injured in game 5 bringing back Bester. Always hated a sign near Ballard's old Bunker in the golds back then that read "BESTER IS BEST".
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Great memory Ravi. I remember the Leafs using 3 goalies that season including Jeff Reese and Mark Laforest. Laforest owned the Blues that year (I believe the Leafs won the season series something like 6-2), but he was injured and not available. I think Reese won game 4 and then was injured in game 5 bringing back Bester. Always hated a sign near Ballard's old Bunker in the golds back then that read "BESTER IS BEST".
    You are absolutely right about that season and the playoffs, AV. Also, Ballard died between Games 4 and 5 of that series as I recall. He wasn't around much, if at all, that season though as I recall him being in a hospital in the Bahamas (?) for quite some time. I believe that he even lost control of the team before he died as Don Giffin was running things. The Leafs were one of the highest scoring teams in the league that season but they also gave up a lot of goals which caught up to them late in the season and in the playoffs.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force