Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I hope they sit Owens this week. If he dresses, he has to come off the six-game IR one game early, which means all the salary cap relief they are getting (one-third of his not insignificant salary) would be lost. I'd rather keep that money available to be spent elsewhere (e.g. Greenwood). IMO it makes the most sense to let Owens sit one more week for that reason. Of course this assumes that football ops are allowed to spend some of the money saved against the cap. Given how little the Argos are spending off the field, not sure that is a safe assumption.
    Don't think it really matters cap wise Paul. I get the sense that the Argos aren't nearing the top of the salary cap, and they also have received the relief for Durie who has completed his 6 games. If he's healthy, then it's go time.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Don't think it really matters cap wise Paul. I get the sense that the Argos aren't nearing the top of the salary cap, and they also have received the relief for Durie who has completed his 6 games. If he's healthy, then it's go time.
    That sounds logical, but the amount that can be saved from Owens' salary over six games is pretty substantial (I'm guessing in the range of $50k) and could be used to sweeten a deal with Greenwood. He seems to be close to returning so I guess we will find out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    That sounds logical, but the amount that can be saved from Owens' salary over six games is pretty substantial (I'm guessing in the range of $50k) and could be used to sweeten a deal with Greenwood. He seems to be close to returning so I guess we will find out.
    I did read an article - perhaps Kirk Penton's - that the Argos are negotiating with Greenwood so that is one positive sign at least. I was concerned that Greenwood's agent would just tell him to sit and wait a few months for NFL opportunities.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force