Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
Call me crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nick Arbuckle back here in 2022. McAdoo didn't seem to endorse him as their starter for this coming season, and who knows if it was John Murphy that decided to get rid of him? I expect the new regime in Edmonton to release Arbuckle and it wouldn't shock me to see them take a shot at MBT after working with him this past season.
I agree this is possible, especially since Jones and co. seem to be signalling they are in the hunt for a QB. However, I think it's more likely Edm would try to trade Arbuckle than outright release him -- a (somewhat) experienced QB under contract is an asset with value.

I'm pretty sure Dinwiddie would still choose MBT over Arbuckle if given the option of either. But MBT has all the cards at this point as a pending FA. As I've said before, I'm concerned he might have soured on this org after they mucked up his prep for the EF.

I still think we might see a tag team of MBT and Masoli here this year. They are good buddies, and both guys have shown they can accept and work within a two-QB system. But that's only possible if Masoli gets vaccinated.