Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    It was a clean shoulder hit, problem was the receiver never touched the ball. If he does, it's a great hit. If the rest of the team learned to tackle like Anderson, they would get some more penalties for sure, but that would be one defense feared throughout the league.
    He knew what he was doing. The ball was already well beyond the receiver when he made that hit. It was a terrible penalty to take. It would have been 2nd and 25 as Ottawa had taken 2 penalties to start the possession, and that penalty resulted in Ottawa extending a drive that led to a FG. When you lose by 1 point, a play like that stands out as a game changer. He's a loose cannon. If he keeps taking stupid penalties (he also had a horrible PI call last week--on a jump ball with 3 db's vs 1 receiver and he still interferes??) I would say bye bye.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    He knew what he was doing. The ball was already well beyond the receiver when he made that hit. It was a terrible penalty to take. It would have been 2nd and 25 as Ottawa had taken 2 penalties to start the possession, and that penalty resulted in Ottawa extending a drive that led to a FG. When you lose by 1 point, a play like that stands out as a game changer. He's a loose cannon. If he keeps taking stupid penalties (he also had a horrible PI call last week--on a jump ball with 3 db's vs 1 receiver and he still interferes??) I would say bye bye.
    IMO, (only) a couple of idiot penalties a season are tolerable if the miscreant otherwise adds significant value to the team. At the rate of one per game --> adios.
    In any case you don't really want to have to put up with more than one loose cannon on your team. (Although I'd let Johnny Rogers eat a hotdog on the sidelines every game.)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    In any case you don't really want to have to put up with more than one loose cannon on your team. (Although I'd let Johnny Rogers eat a hotdog on the sidelines every game.)
    You and me both. LOL!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    IMO, (only) a couple of idiot penalties a season are tolerable if the miscreant otherwise adds significant value to the team. At the rate of one per game --> adios.
    Speaking of eating a hot dog on the sidelines, I remember reading a story of Moe Elewonibi ordering a hot dog while the Lions were playing the Argos at SkyDome in 1999. Elewonibi was in uniform when he did this. Of course, we all later discovered that he spent that season doing all kinds of drugs with 3rd string QB Todd Marinovich.

As for Anderson, that did turn out to be a huge penalty, as AngeloV said. The Argos really could have kept the RedBlacks to less than 10 points that night if it weren't for a few costly errors. It is understandable why Milanovich was so angry with his team for letting a very winnable game slip away.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force