Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
I believe the plan is for MLSE to kick $100 mil+ into BMO themselves, if this is the case the I think they will in fact purchase the Argonauts to maximize the return on their investment. This also would be the easiest way for Braley to divest himself of the team without all the work and time it would take to build a new facility elsewhere.
I think all this talk of other sites is simply "posturing" by Braley to up the ante with MLSE so that they don't appear to be the only option.
Let's face it, the guy is 72 years old and may want a quick exit from this franchise.
This could certainly be true but it is possible that Braley, a huge CFL fan, could want to build a stadium that will be the Argos stadium. All of his support of the CFL over the years has been fantastic and leaving a stadium behind could be something that would define his legacy as one of the great CFL supporters in history.
The MLSE sinking 100 million into BMO they would be better off building a new stadium.
One of the stadiums that the MLSE has looked at modeling BMO after is PPL park home of the Union which is estimated to cost about 130 million in 2013 to build.