Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It wasn't only the Grey Cup that struggled to sell high-priced seats in Toronto. There were rows and rows of empty seats at last night's thrilling Canada/Slovakia World Junior Hockey Championship game at Air Canada Centre and no reason to think that we won't see a repeat of that tomorrow when Latvia pays a visit to play Canada. Furthermore, even the Leafs are struggling to sell out their outdoor game against Detroit at BMO Field: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...cting-sellout/
    Yup, let the double-standards begin.

It just shows that even the Leafs are not immune to a backlash to being gouged. Mind you I wonder if part of the problem here is people assume it will be sold out and won't even try. Even the heritage classic in Winnipeg had this issue.

The World Juniors on the other hand is just atrocious. For tomorrow's game vs. Latvia with Lots of tickets left, the start at 84.00 plus fees. No way would I even consider it...and it's worse in Montreal....yet crickets from the media.

I'm still looking out for a Pizza Pizza promo for either of these events lol...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Yup, let the double-standards begin.

It just shows that even the Leafs are not immune to a backlash to being gouged. Mind you I wonder if part of the problem here is people assume it will be sold out and won't even try. Even the heritage classic in Winnipeg had this issue.

The World Juniors on the other hand is just atrocious. For tomorrow's game vs. Latvia with Lots of tickets left, the start at 84.00 plus fees. No way would I even consider it...and it's worse in Montreal....yet crickets from the media.

I'm still looking out for a Pizza Pizza promo for either of these events lol...
    i am a sucker and bought us/canada tickets for tomorrow night...mind you, they were an xmas present for my kids...we were at the us/russia game yesterday, and they offered everyone in attendance 20% off any ticket for the canada game that night (with their us/russia ticket stub)...