Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Many moons ago there was 1 or sometimes 2 games during the CNE, when the Argos played at the EX. I always enjoyed those games (and some wrestling events) very much. That said, i'd suggest that during the CNE maybe it would be better to throw in a lesser draw than the Cats to maximize attendance?
    Considering Labour Day is the last day of the CNE I doubt we'll see a Ti-Cats vs. Argos game during the CNE but I'm sure there will be at least one Argos game while it is on each year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Considering Labour Day is the last day of the CNE I doubt we'll see a Ti-Cats vs. Argos game during the CNE but I'm sure there will be at least one Argos game while it is on each year.
    I agree, but in my abstract memory, the CNE may have gone for longer, or always had at least 1 Argo game, and maybe 2. It was pre blue jays/pre wrestlemania
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I agree, but in my abstract memory, the CNE may have gone for longer, or always had at least 1 Argo game, and maybe 2. It was pre blue jays/pre wrestlemania
    I went to my first game in 1978 and became a regular in 1980. There was always 1 Arogs game during the CNE in my time going (yearly the game I most looked forward to), but this was all post Blue Jays arrival, and they (Jays) played a lot of afternoon games in the summer during the CNE.

Funny thing I remember from back then, they would usually have a concert or some other event scheduled at night during the CNE, and as such, the Blue Jays games had a 5pm curfew before being suspended if not completed yet. Good luck having MLB allow that today, and furthermore, how low we became going from a 2-3 hour conversion window back then to 36 hours in the dome these days.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I went to my first game in 1978 and became a regular in 1980. There was always 1 Arogs game during the CNE in my time going (yearly the game I most looked forward to), but this was all post Blue Jays arrival, and they (Jays) played a lot of afternoon games in the summer during the CNE.

Funny thing I remember from back then, they would usually have a concert or some other event scheduled at night during the CNE, and as such, the Blue Jays games had a 5pm curfew before being suspended if not completed yet. Good luck having MLB allow that today, and furthermore, how low we became going from a 2-3 hour conversion window back then to 36 hours in the dome these days.
    Those HOT SUMMER days and nights at the CNE, getting in for free with an Argo ticket were pretty amazing. If some of the younger folks can relive that magic, the moving to BMO will be worth it.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The CNE was only a couple of days longer for a period of time starting in the 80's when it lasted for 20 days starting on the Wednesday. They thought it would help attendance when it started slipping after Wonderland opened up. It eventually went back to 18 days, starting as it traditional did on the Friday 2 weeks before Labour Day weekend.

The Argos always had one, sometimes two a year. I remember working at the EX as a teen and buying a ticket from a scalper in the 2nd quarter for a $1 to watch part of an Argo game during my 1 hr break. Had to leave before the end obviously but for a buck I saw part of the game vs the Ticats and a very memorable dog show at halftime. (The dogs are always a hit) For a buck it was a great way to spend an hour.

Trivia for some of the Argo fans who watched games at the CNE during the EX. As mentioned, they played the Ticats. I remember being told by a fan that Paul Osbaldistan kicked the game winning FG.....Without dating myself, as I've already have..... What year was it? I actually know, but it scares me...because time flies.

Other big games during the EX...remember listening to CFRB in 1982, when the Argos beat Ottawa 35-25. Chris Isaac, not the singer, but the QB for Ottawa said he'd throw for 400+ yards against the Argos D, but only got 209. Argo fans had started invading the field after Argos wins since the big win vs Edmonton before the CNE opened. They did it again that game.

Gill Fenerty I beleive had his big 200 yd plus rushing game in a 33-17 win vs the Stamps in 1988. I believe that game was during the EX in late August. I believe it's still the Argos single game rushing record.