Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Americans get handed starting jobs at OTs on most teams, and even if they struggle or are useless, they get more starts or maybe replaced by another import; Canadians rarely get brought in and handed starting OT jobs out of TC = imports are vastly favored at OT by most GOBs now / Canadians have to prove they are very good (and graded harshly if they were to struggle) to get to play OT; or else are given some time to develop.

Why don't the Argos just cut Van Zeyl and bring in another superstar American OT like Fonoti and hand him a starting job?
    Actually Van Zeyl hasn't been playing too badly this year IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing Van Roten or Wallace play some at RG to see if that would kind of solidify the O Line. I would rather see a strong Line for Ricky even if they had to start (wait for it) a Canadian at WR. I don't think Noel and Coombes alternating at one of the WR spots would hurt the offense one bit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Actually Van Zeyl hasn't been playing too badly this year IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing Van Roten or Wallace play some at RG to see if that would kind of solidify the O Line. I would rather see a strong Line for Ricky even if they had to start (wait for it) a Canadian at WR. I don't think Noel and Coombes alternating at one of the WR spots would hurt the offense one bit.
    I am 100% with you on this. Personally, I would like to see Coombs spell Whitaker more often. That would allow someone like Noel or Jones to get on the field more. I love Durie, but it's clear that he is no longer a big part of the offence. I don't want to see him cut, but it is a bit of a waste to have he and Coombs not really a part of the offence.
    It's us vs the rest of the country