Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    So... Tracy Robertson was added to the Suspended list yesterday. He was on the 6-game for most of the year, then the 1-game for the last month, and now this. What does this mean? I have no idea, but it doesn't seem like he's going to be contributing any time soon.

Today, Jason Vega was moved to the 6 game IR, so he's another guy who likely won't be doing much. I noticed that Martin Wright got a sack in our last game, but didn't get a real read on whether he's an upgrade on Vega. Thoughts?
    The Argos are the worst...the absolute worst when it comes to keeping fans informed about injuries and other transactions. Robertson played well in week 1, then gets "injured" but no one knows how. Same with Brandon Underwood...hurts his ribs in BC then he disappears. Some attention to detail by those who cover the team at practise would be appreciated.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    So... Tracy Robertson was added to the Suspended list yesterday. He was on the 6-game for most of the year, then the 1-game for the last month, and now this. What does this mean? I have no idea, but it doesn't seem like he's going to be contributing any time soon.

Today, Jason Vega was moved to the 6 game IR, so he's another guy who likely won't be doing much. I noticed that Martin Wright got a sack in our last game, but didn't get a real read on whether he's an upgrade on Vega. Thoughts?
    I do wonder if Martez Wilson will be back at any point this season. I haven't heard anyone mention him for quite a while. Are his injuries season-ending? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    The Argos are the worst...the absolute worst when it comes to keeping fans informed about injuries and other transactions. Robertson played well in week 1, then gets "injured" but no one knows how. Same with Brandon Underwood...hurts his ribs in BC then he disappears. Some attention to detail by those who cover the team at practise would be appreciated.
    I haven't heard Milanovich or Barker say much about the players who are injured, unless they are close to coming back and playing. Also, perhaps with the lack of money available to spend on players, they aren't comfortable discussing in detail (or at all) the real reasons why some of the decisions are being made--with respect to injury-related decisions and other player transactions.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie Fan View Post
    I do wonder if Martez Wilson will be back at any point this season. I haven't heard anyone mention him for quite a while. Are his injuries season-ending? I have no idea.
    In a post-practice session a few days after that injury, Milanovich mentioned that it might even be career-ending. That was a case where the team communication was pretty good, actually.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    In a post-practice session a few days after that injury, Milanovich mentioned that it might even be career-ending. That was a case where the team communication was pretty good, actually.
    That's very unfortunate information about Martez Wilson. If Jason Vega is indeed unavailable now, it sounds like the team has room for a new defensive end, regardless of how that new player could or would be used in a rotation, if used at all. A new player could at least be signed to the practice roster, even just for depth. There must be many NFL cuts out there. I realize that money for such a signing may not be forthcoming. However, the team did add a new offensive lineman to the practice roster recently, so you never know.

Don
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

That makes no sense. He punted awesome last game. I guess that is how they have decided to make room for Hazelton in the line-up.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    That makes no sense. He punted awesome last game. I guess that is how they have decided to make room for Hazelton in the line-up.
    Your speculation makes sense, but Alix is not a very good punter. Not a fan of this transaction.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Unless Palardy wanted to be released, this move doesn't make much sense. While I was expecting the Argonauts to go after former Argo Alix, I thought Palardy showed well in his first game, he has a strong leg and his stats in college show he could have been an all purpose kicker. This whole thing could have been avoided had the Argonauts just kept.................................

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Unless Palardy wanted to be released, this move doesn't make much sense. While I was expecting the Argonauts to go after former Argo Alix, I thought Palardy showed well in his first game, he has a strong leg and his stats in college show he could have been an all purpose kicker. This whole thing could have been avoided had the Argonauts just kept.................................
    I'm not upset about the loss of ..............

Looks like the Argos have decided that the position is plug and play. So far, so good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    image.jpg

Hence Muamba signs with Montreal. Looks like Montreal's defence just got better. Hamilton and Ottawa bulking up. Looks like Barker and Milo have been told to make do. Sheesh

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

Palardy's treatment will resonate through the Free Agent world. One more reason Toronto isn't as attractive as it once was.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    It is somewhat ironic that the team's decision-makers supposedly "couldn't" make room for a second kicker on the active roster, and now are going with two kickers on the game day roster.

This is a very debatable move, given how well Michael Palardy played. Also, it likely would not have happened had the team been willing to give Gillanders a chance to be one of the two RBs the team ultimately decides to dress for the upcoming game.
    Last edited by Mookie Fan; 09-30-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Signing MP for 1 game doesn't make sense. It also seems rather tacky, unless he knew the score.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Signing MP for 1 game doesn't make sense. It also seems rather tacky, unless he knew the score.
    Or he didn't want to stick around.
    Who knows what is happening behind the scenes in Toronto right now, I suspect we all have an idea.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Or he didn't want to stick around.
    Who knows what is happening behind the scenes in Toronto right now, I suspect we all have an idea.
    Maybe after the $US exchange from his first game cheque, he figured it wasn't worth his time, and asked for his release.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I am taking a guess that Palardy has had sniffs from the NFL and wants to pursue those opportunities. When Barker signed him, it might have been under the condition that he would be released if anything did transpire down south. It didn't seem as though he was far from making the NFL this season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think Barker's value proposition to a lot of players is "you're not playing and I'll give you a chance this season to show case your ability and release you when the NFL offers come in. It has created huge turnover and constant replacements. Consequently it takes at least half a season for the new players to become accustomed to the league.

I personally don't care if we have the finest three receivers in the CFL, if all 3 are gone at the end of the season. Seems to me that the players on the Stampeders are largely the same players year in, year out. I would like to see better CFL-type players that hang around. Also, given the lack of loyalty the Argos are showing the current players, I don't blame the players bolting the team at the end of the season and returning to the CFL elsewhere.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    We have no idea why this move was made, but it's hard to get too upset about a revolving door policy at kicker; as last week demonstrated, experienced guys can play well on short notice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I think Barker's value proposition to a lot of players is "you're not playing and I'll give you a chance this season to show case your ability and release you when the NFL offers come in. It has created huge turnover and constant replacements. Consequently it takes at least half a season for the new players to become accustomed to the league.

I personally don't care if we have the finest three receivers in the CFL, if all 3 are gone at the end of the season. Seems to me that the players on the Stampeders are largely the same players year in, year out. I would like to see better CFL-type players that hang around. Also, given the lack of loyalty the Argos are showing the current players, I don't blame the players bolting the team at the end of the season and returning to the CFL elsewhere.
    It's an optimization problem, and there's something to be said for your argument.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    We have no idea why this move was made, but it's hard to get too upset about a revolving door policy at kicker; as last week demonstrated, experienced guys can play well on short notice.
    This is something of a faith-based conclusion, is it not?