Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I'm actually shocked that Angelo of all people has turned on Trestman. Especially considering he was one of th few who wanted to keep Milanovich around.
    My opinion of Trestman has also changed as this season has gone on.
    Sometimes you have to simply call it as you see it, this year’s Argo team lacks talent which falls on Popp, are poorly coached in all phases (Trestman and staff) so I wouldn’t be broken hearted if changes come.
    The thing with Trestman is there is no veteran QB on the horizon to execute his now seemingly predictable and boring offence so if he stays for the 2019 season we maybe in for more of the same which is unacceptable.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Your point about Manning making the decisions about football ops is well taken. Personally, I hope Popp stays. I think there is talent out there, just not the right coaching staff, especially considering most of the talent is young, especially on D. I’ve said it recently, but I’d love to see the Argos poach Steinauer or Claybrooks as the next HC. I’m sure Steinauer would give Condell more freedom as a coordinator and there is a connection there. Claybrooks has had a lot of success and might bring some of that winning mentality from Calgary.
    I'd take Claybrooks in a heartbeat. Whomever the HC ends up being (Trestman included); I just hope we get an entirely new offensive scheme.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    My opinion of Trestman has also changed as this season has gone on.
    Sometimes you have to simply call it as you see it, this year’s Argo team lacks talent which falls on Popp, are poorly coached in all phases (Trestman and staff) so I wouldn’t be broken hearted if changes come.
    The thing with Trestman is there is no veteran QB on the horizon to execute his now seemingly predictable and boring offence so if he stays for the 2019 season we maybe in for more of the same which is unacceptable.
    It's been the same offense since 2010. More downs than ups with Elizondo and Lemon in '10-'11, then mediocre until the last 3 regular season games and playoffs with Milanovich and Ray in 2012, then up and down but overall good from '13-'14, then starting off strong in 2015 but trailed off towards the end of the season, then the disaster that was 2016, then started strong against the Ticats in 2017 but struggled for the next 10 games before waking up and finishing the season 7-2 including the Grey Cup win, and now 2018 where it's almost as bad as 2016.

And it's that reason (among others) that I never wanted Trestman here in the first place; I had enough of this offence since 2015.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Your point about Manning making the decisions about football ops is well taken. Personally, I hope Popp stays. I think there is talent out there, just not the right coaching staff, especially considering most of the talent is young, especially on D. I’ve said it recently, but I’d love to see the Argos poach Steinauer or Claybrooks as the next HC. I’m sure Steinauer would give Condell more freedom as a coordinator and there is a connection there. Claybrooks has had a lot of success and might bring some of that winning mentality from Calgary.
    I like your thinking on this Angelo, both names mentioned have pretty decent CFL coaching experience and aren’t to far removed as players which should = a fresh approach.
    Condell had a young Zach Collaros playing at an MOP level when together in Hamilton so it would be nice to see him given free reign to implement his offence according to Franklin’s strengths.
    Claybrooks should be in line for a HC job and is a very bright defensive mind.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'd take Claybrooks in a heartbeat. Whomever the HC ends up being (Trestman included); I just hope we get an entirely new offensive scheme.
    A new offensive scheme? I would take an offensive scheme. Do we have an offensive scheme?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    A new offensive scheme? I would take an offensive scheme. Do we have an offensive scheme?
    I have the same question about the defence... I honestly don't understand what they're trying to do on defence, and it seems as though the players are confused as well.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level

I'm tired

I'M TIRED of team's knowing what Argos are going to do on offence before they do it.

I'M TIRED of trying to run Brandon Burks (or whatever his name is) up the gut.

I'M TIRED of an offensive line that hasn't been good enough for the last several years (but 1/2 a season).

I'M TIRED of all the injuries on defence (I realize it is out of team's control, but it seems to happen every year).

I'M TIRED of players on defence going for the big hit instead of just making the tackle.

I'M TIRED of Trestman talking about the "good men in the locker room" as what good is that if they can't play football! I'm certain the 1997 Argonauts had VERY GOOD men in the locker room and they were beating teams 50-3.

I'M TIRED of other team's executing screen passes with superb blocking downfield by their receivers while Argos can't execute a simple screen pass.

I'M TIRED of Frank Beltre and Troy Davis being trotted out there every week to provide a useless pass rush.

I'M TIRED of Mike Archer

I'M TIRED of Marc Trestman

I'M TIRED of that team down the QEW coming into our stadium bringing 1,000s of their fans with them and our team being unable to say anything about it on the field.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'M TIRED of team's knowing what Argos are going to do on offence before they do it.

I'M TIRED of an offensive line that hasn't been good enough for the last several years (but 1/2 a season).

I'M TIRED of all the injuries on defence (I realize it is out of team's control, but it seems to happen every year).

I'M TIRED of players on defence going for the big hit instead of just making the tackle.

I'M TIRED of Trestman talking about the "good men in the locker room" as what good is that if they can't play football! I'm certain the 1997 Argonauts had VERY GOOD men in the locker room and they were beating teams 50-3.

I'M TIRED of other team's executing screen passes with superb blocking downfield by their receivers while Argos can't execute a simple screen pass.

I'M TIRED of Frank Beltre and Troy Davis being trotted out there every week to provide a useless pass rush.

I'M TIRED of Mike Archer

I'M TIRED of that team down the QEW coming into our stadium bringing 1,000s of their fans with them and our team being unable to say anything about it on the field.
    That a boy, let it out!!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I have the same question about the defence... I honestly don't understand what they're trying to do on defence, and it seems as though the players are confused as well.
    It's baffling how the team can deteriorate on this side of the ball so quickly in one season. Did you see how Tasker was so wide open in the end zone? 3 Hamilton receivers and 2 Argo defenders this late in the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

I'M TIRED of Mike Archer

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    It's baffling how the team can deteriorate on this side of the ball so quickly in one season. Did you see how Tasker was so wide open in the end zone? 3 Hamilton receivers and 2 Argo defenders this late in the season.
    Yeah, and Banks on at least two of his catches was just sitting pretty with no one within 15 yards of him.

Boatman
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Claybrooks health might see him take a leave of absence for 2019.Condell might end up being the cheaper(CFL Management Salary Cap) in-house solution.Regardless a potential 1.2 million hit is not going to be a good look.

#ManningOut

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Could Chamblin be coaxed from his entry level college job in Arkansas for the Argo HC job? I think he could be. Was Condell his OC in Saskatchewan when they won the Cup?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    So, the duo of Popp and Trestman, friends for years and architects of the successful Als team that won back to back Grey Cups come to Toronto and a year ago lead the Argos to a Grey Cup on a team, and organization, that worked so well together they called it 'The Love Boat'. Now, this year Popp can't put a team together and Trestman can't coach? Ah, but there is talk of a rift...perhaps between these two old friends, perhaps with MLSE. Well, what has changed since last season? Are the two old friends, the football lifers, now at odds? i doubt it. Who is new to this situation? I think maybe we need to ask how much responsibility for this now reportedly sour situation lays at the feet of Bill Manning?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

I'M TIRED of Mike Archer

I'M TIRED of M

Amen brother.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Anyone else irritated by the Bishop rough the passer call ?
    I'm all for protecting the QB to a degree, but if the QB lowers his body and head into the hit; I think the refs need to be more objective towards calling it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    So, the duo of Popp and Trestman, friends for years and architects of the successful Als team that won back to back Grey Cups come to Toronto and a year ago lead the Argos to a Grey Cup on a team, and organization, that worked so well together they called it 'The Love Boat'. Now, this year Popp can't put a team together and Trestman can't coach? Ah, but there is talk of a rift...perhaps between these two old friends, perhaps with MLSE. Well, what has changed since last season? Are the two old friends, the football lifers, now at odds? i doubt it. Who is new to this situation? I think maybe we need to ask how much responsibility for this now reportedly sour situation lays at the feet of Bill Manning?
    Perhaps, but the lack of on-field talent and the, um, ineffective coaching do speak volumes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Anyone else irritated by the Bishop rough the passer call ?
    I'm all for protecting the QB to a degree, but if the QB lowers his body and head into the hit; I think the refs need to be more objective towards calling it.
    I agree, bad call.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Hard to imagine after last year's Grey Cup we would talking about getting rid of Trestman, Popp and half the Coaching staff a year later.
    Almost like back in 1972. Leo was riding high after all the new talent he brought in for the 71 season and then it all fell apart in 72.
    IMO MLSE should have a Football guy as President of the Argos for starters, not a Soccer guy. Let Manning run TFC which maybe he knows something about.
    I guess it will go one of two ways. Trestman is fired or just quits, or he stays and they try to reload.
    I have always thought the OLine Coach Himbach would make a great HC, so he would be my choice if Trestman leaves.
    However if Trestman stays, can they make a big play for either Mitchell or Reilly who are both FA's this off season. MLSE has the money but there's that little thing about a salary cap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I have my doubts that either Mitchell or Reilly would want to play in Trestmans system.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Hard to imagine after last year's Grey Cup we would talking about getting rid of Trestman, Popp and half the Coaching staff a year later.
    Almost like back in 1972. Leo was riding high after all the new talent he brought in for the 71 season and then it all fell apart in 72.
    IMO MLSE should have a Football guy as President of the Argos for starters, not a Soccer guy. Let Manning run TFC which maybe he knows something about.
    I guess it will go one of two ways. Trestman is fired or just quits, or he stays and they try to reload.
    I have always thought the OLine Coach Himbach would make a great HC, so he would be my choice if Trestman leaves.
    However if Trestman stays, can they make a big play for either Mitchell or Reilly who are both FA's this off season. MLSE has the money but there's that little thing about a salary cap.
    1992 also comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Is there any room for Jordan Younger back in Toronto? He seems to have done a good job with the DBs in Winnipeg.
    Winnipeg's defence has been up and down at best this season. Check out MorningBigBlue or forums.bluebombers.com, and you'll see that fans there would have no issue losing Younger. I get that he is a former Argo, but I think that clouds a lot of fans minds.