Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I prefer boxing as well to seeing guys and gals take round house knockout kicks to the temple. That is jello brain in waiting. With all that we know about concussions now it surprises the hell out of me why anyone would get into the sport. I had one concussion in hockey from being run into the boards from behind as a 15 year old. No one knew squat about it then and I just dealt with the stars and headache while continuing to play and live life. It wasn't fun.
    Agree 100%, not sure how you could conclude Boxing is more damaging to the brain than MMA, both involve multiple blows to the head not only in the actual fights but also in sparring while getting ready for a fight.
    I also remember getting hit in hockey and seeing stars and playing the rest of the game and life went on.
    Those of us who watched Leaf games (particularly in the 1970's) would remember NHL players sniffing smelling salts on the bench to snap them back into reality, today would be treated with much more caution.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Agree 100%, not sure how you could conclude Boxing is more damaging to the brain than MMA, both involve multiple blows to the head not only in the actual fights but also in sparring while getting ready for a fight.
    I also remember getting hit in hockey and seeing stars and playing the rest of the game and life went on.
    Those of us who watched Leaf games (particularly in the 1970's) would remember NHL players sniffing smelling salts on the bench to snap them back into reality, today would be treated with much more caution.
    Started playing hockey in 1969, i remember my coach had smelling salts, and also a needle/tread and a ronson lighter to sterilize the needle. Got my hand stitched up once on the bench, and the "concusion protocol" was later that night, after the game just make sure your parents wake you up every half hour , no sleeping through the night.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Agree 100%, not sure how you could conclude Boxing is more damaging to the brain than MMA,
    Study from the University of Alberta

http://www.news-medical.net/news/201...ows-study.aspx