Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I hate the rule change in the secondary. Offences shouldn't get to improve only at the expense of limiting what has always been good hard defence. I think it was a knee jerk reaction to an off season of finishing drives. Personally, I don't like sitting in the crowd, watching what I think is a good play, and then before I can get excited about it, have to look and see it the officials throw a flag. Thre is going to be 30 flags a game at the beginning of the season, and I believe something like that can turn away a lot of possible fans just as much as low scoring can.

Agree big-time AV: sick of all the rule changes in sport that supposedly are to make the game better but often don\t; and I am more of a sports old school, traditional purist i guess (?) - still po'd that the CFL does not feature 25 yard end zones (;O)) - the rule changes this year are garbage IMO - just as is the moron NFL kick-off rule now that sees most kick-offs result in no return.

Wayyyy too many flags in the CFL now with refs thinking the have to be or ending up as such a factor. Friend of mine who used to be a big CFL fan but is probably more into the NFL now, has been referring to the CFL as the Constant Flag League for years now - he will be laughing in disgust this year I bet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Agree big-time AV: sick of all the rule changes in sport that supposedly are to make the game better but often don\t; and I am more of a sports old school, traditional purist i guess (?) - still po'd that the CFL does not feature 25 yard end zones (;O)) - the rule changes this year are garbage IMO - just as is the moron NFL kick-off rule now that sees most kick-offs result in no return.

Wayyyy too many flags in the CFL now with refs thinking the have to be or ending up as such a factor. Friend of mine who used to be a big CFL fan but is probably more into the NFL now, has been referring to the CFL as the Constant Flag League for years now - he will be laughing in disgust this year I bet.
    I actually do like the convert change though. It takes the automatic aspect out of it. Long time since guys like Cutler and Ilesic would miss a few converts every year. I would go for 2 almost every time if I was coaching...with the exception being a 1 point giving you the lead.
    It's us vs the rest of the country