Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    There was an informative article in the Toronto Sun by Kurtis Larson today. In an interview with Bill Manning an interesting little thing came out which may affect a great deal of us as STH.

A DIFFERENT CFL CONFIGURATION AT BMO FIELD?

BMO Field could have a distinctly different look for CFL games in 2018.
    New top boss Bill Manning told the Toronto Sun this week he’s considering tarping off the upper deck at BMO to consolidate Toronto Argonauts crowds into the lower bowl.
    “We’re going to do what soccer teams do (in football stadiums), when they tarp off the upper decks,” Manning said. “We’re going to do the same thing. It’s going to be a lower bowl. Let’s fill the lower bowl first and then worry about filling the upper deck.”

I don't know about the rest of you but if they push my seats down into the lower bowl I am out as a STH, the view is way worse from down there as watching football "low down" is not the way to to best see plays develop in my opinion. Its the same thing as them taking away the 500L in the Dome which were frankly the best seats in that place to watch the game (512 row 1!). I had seasons in the 500L and once they took that part of the stadium away I rarely, if ever went back as the view is awful from down low. I know they want to make it "look full", but for the actual enjoyment of watching football, you'd be very hard pressed to convince me that a seat in row 1 in midfield in the upper west side in 223 is not a way better "football viewing" seat than row 1 in Section 123 where you can barely see over the players heads on the sidelines. My seats are in 220, I would not want seats in 120 as you simply cannot see the whole field at that height and have no depth perspective of whether a runner goes 15 yards or 5 yards.....again, its the little things that drive me nuts with this team; I really hope that others feel as I do about potentially being moved down in to the lower bowl, and let the team know that this is not the way to go.....they will definitely lose me as a STH if this is done, as I am there to actually "see" the game, not just be close to the field for "Atmosphere" sake.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    There was an informative article in the Toronto Sun by Kurtis Larson today. In an interview with Bill Manning an interesting little thing came out which may affect a great deal of us as STH.

A DIFFERENT CFL CONFIGURATION AT BMO FIELD?

BMO Field could have a distinctly different look for CFL games in 2018.
    New top boss Bill Manning told the Toronto Sun this week he’s considering tarping off the upper deck at BMO to consolidate Toronto Argonauts crowds into the lower bowl.
    “We’re going to do what soccer teams do (in football stadiums), when they tarp off the upper decks,” Manning said. “We’re going to do the same thing. It’s going to be a lower bowl. Let’s fill the lower bowl first and then worry about filling the upper deck.”

I don't know about the rest of you but if they push my seats down into the lower bowl I am out as a STH, the view is way worse from down there as watching football "low down" is not the way to to best see plays develop in my opinion. Its the same thing as them taking away the 500L in the Dome which were frankly the best seats in that place to watch the game (512 row 1!). I had seasons in the 500L and once they took that part of the stadium away I rarely, if ever went back as the view is awful from down low. I know they want to make it "look full", but for the actual enjoyment of watching football, you'd be very hard pressed to convince me that a seat in row 1 in midfield in the upper west side in 223 is not a way better "football viewing" seat than row 1 in Section 123 where you can barely see over the players heads on the sidelines. My seats are in 220, I would not want seats in 120 as you simply cannot see the whole field at that height and have no depth perspective of whether a runner goes 15 yards or 5 yards.....again, its the little things that drive me nuts with this team; I really hope that others feel as I do about potentially being moved down in to the lower bowl, and let the team know that this is not the way to go.....they will definitely lose me as a STH if this is done, as I am there to actually "see" the game, not just be close to the field for "Atmosphere" sake.....
    Link: http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...rgos-situation

Lots of other Argonauts information in the article such as season ticket renewal numbers.