Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It only has to happen once, and who's to say there isn't another Marino lurking on Hamilton's roster? If we had an experienced QB behind Kelly, I wouldn't be as reluctant to play him. But QB is the only position on the entire roster with no proven depth -- losing Kelly could torpedo the entire season. Also, Holmes and Scott have even less experience (i.e. none whatsoever), so they need reps more than he does.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It only has to happen once, and who's to say there isn't another Marino lurking on Hamilton's roster? If we had an experienced QB behind Kelly, I wouldn't be as reluctant to play him. But QB is the only position on the entire roster with no proven depth -- losing Kelly could torpedo the entire season. Also, Holmes and Scott have even less experience (i.e. none whatsoever), so they need reps more than he does.
    Which perfectly summarizes the Argos precarious situation at QB, wonderful!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I think the more experience Kelly gets now, the better equipped he’ll be to avoid taking a devastating hit once the season starts.

I also believe the team has a plan if Kelly goes down with a serious injury, and that plan involves prying either Evans or Arbuckle loose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think the more experience Kelly gets now, the better equipped he’ll be to avoid taking a devastating hit once the season starts.

I also believe the team has a plan if Kelly goes down with a serious injury, and that plan involves prying either Evans or Arbuckle loose.

Not sure what kind of plan that is or how feasable it would be to pull off ??? And kinda desperation to pin hopes on Evans & Arbuckle type proven CFL average to mediocre types - what, they're going to fly in with no grasp of the offence and save the season if Kelly bombs just because they have some CFL experience ? Better to roll with young guys, Kelly included, and be willing to take a learning/developing season and hope at least one or two of the QBs pan out. Too bad they were so limited in their recruiting though to only come up with DIV III or NAIA level QBs and guys who have zero understanding of the Canadian game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Better to roll with young guys, Kelly included, and be willing to take a learning/developing season and hope at least one or two of the QBs pan out. Too bad they were so limited in their recruiting though to only come up with DIV III or NAIA level QBs and guys who have zero understanding of the Canadian game.
    Ya it’s disappointing we haven’t signed a top-level QB prospect yet, but I bet it’ll still happen. Fred Payton is a real good-looking dual-threat prospect on our neg list and afaik still a FA. I know I’d feel better about the QB situation if we had a groomable stud at #2. Although hearing interesting things about Bryan Scott.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

I can't see any reason why Ottawa or BC would trade away their primary backup QB to Toronto. I truly believe the plan is to go with what they have and hope for the best. There are really no other viable options out there.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Just a side note for those who will be watching the game on the CFL Preseason Live stream. McLeod Bethel Thompson and the New Orleans Breakers are on FOX today at 4 pm vs. Birmingham. The beauty is you don't have to switch back and forth between games. Looking forward to seeing MBT play, but not as much as getting a look at the Argos in their first game action. Enjoy the game everyone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I can't see any reason why Ottawa or BC would trade away their primary backup QB to Toronto.
    Why did the Bombers trade their primary backup QB to the Argos in 2016?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Why did the Bombers trade their primary backup QB to the Argos in 2016?
    Because they had given up on him, and saw a desperate Argos team looking for someone with experience. Michael O’Connor might be the best available option out there right now.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Because they had given up on him, and saw a desperate Argos team looking for someone with experience. Michael O’Connor might be the best available option out there right now.
    I still expect Dom Davis to be the odd man out in BC. Would he be an upgrade over the youngsters backing up Kelly? I don’t know. Nick Arbuckle? No thanks.