Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I have been pretty quiet about Chads moving on since the beginning of the Season. It is nice to see this post brought back to life.

I always believed that a player can contribute in other ways besides being on the field and Chad was that player. Everyone was over the moon about the Big Three and Spencer, while I was sitting here thinking, nope, they won't be the same as last year. I'm not saying I was right however I was not wrong.

We can sit here and be upset that the Argos didn't offer him anything, I know I was. Fact is we will never know the answer. Would Chad have taken less money? Would he have taken a salary based on his production, Would he have been happy in a reduced role? These questions will probably never be answered so we just have to move on, I guess. Just like everyone else I have my beliefs

Do we miss his, yes, do we want him back, sure, I think many would agree but he is now in Hamilton doing what he has done for the Argos for the past 6 seasons. Being a playmaker, an inspiration and becoming a fan favourite. Something I think this Argo team is lacking Big Time right now. Giving Chad up was not just giving up the player on the field but everything he did off the field and on the sidelines.

Mind you just like many fans out there if the Big Three and Spencer come back to have monster games Chad will be forgotten just like this thread was.

If you can't tell I am still bitter about the whole thing.............

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee19 View Post
    I have been pretty quiet about Chads moving on since the beginning of the Season. It is nice to see this post brought back to life.

I always believed that a player can contribute in other ways besides being on the field and Chad was that player. Everyone was over the moon about the Big Three and Spencer, while I was sitting here thinking, nope, they won't be the same as last year. I'm not saying I was right however I was not wrong.

We can sit here and be upset that the Argos didn't offer him anything, I know I was. Fact is we will never know the answer. Would Chad have taken less money? Would he have taken a salary based on his production, Would he have been happy in a reduced role? These questions will probably never be answered so we just have to move on, I guess. Just like everyone else I have my beliefs

Do we miss his, yes, do we want him back, sure, I think many would agree but he is now in Hamilton doing what he has done for the Argos for the past 6 seasons. Being a playmaker, an inspiration and becoming a fan favourite. Something I think this Argo team is lacking Big Time right now. Giving Chad up was not just giving up the player on the field but everything he did off the field and on the sidelines.

Mind you just like many fans out there if the Big Three and Spencer come back to have monster games Chad will be forgotten just like this thread was.

If you can't tell I am still bitter about the whole thing.............
    Finally someone gets it ... thanks.