Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

I would like to thank you all, for your kind words, and constructive criticisms.

And I just wanted to say, that in the last six months or so, I've generally kept my humourous off-topic posts, confined to the "Sociable' thread. Hopefully humour is still allowed there.

Being in at least the second, if not in the third tier, of brilliant Football minds here, I have to go with my strengths. Humour. Whether real or imagined. And while I admit that sometimes my humour is only apparent to myself, my supreme self-confidence and self-appraisal, often make me think that others automatically appreciate my brilliance. Being born with the Sun in Capricorn and the Moon in Leo, my lovable nature generally lets me get away with more shit than others would. I'll try not to constantly take advantage of my innate advantages. I'll try.

Cheers !

(Hopefully this post will be approved, sometime in the next 24 to 48 hours. You all have your work cut out for you.)

Stay cool.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I would like to thank you all, for your kind words, and constructive criticisms.

And I just wanted to say, that in the last six months or so, I've generally kept my humourous off-topic posts, confined to the "Sociable' thread. Hopefully humour is still allowed there.

Being in at least the second, if not in the third tier, of brilliant Football minds here, I have to go with my strengths. Humour. Whether real or imagined. And while I admit that sometimes my humour is only apparent to myself, my supreme self-confidence and self-appraisal, often make me think that others automatically appreciate my brilliance. Being born with the Sun in Capricorn and the Moon in Leo, my lovable nature generally lets me get away with more shit than others would. I'll try not to constantly take advantage of my innate advantages. I'll try.

Cheers !

(Hopefully this post will be approved, sometime in the next 24 to 48 hours. You all have your work cut out for you.)

Stay cool.
    Not entirely true, there have been times recently where you bombarded regular threads in the Double blue room with countless youtube clips, and off-topic drunken jibber. And I don't like or want to see tips for "Scoring" with woman. While we are a little more lenient what goes on in Socible!, some things are still unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Mulder....

please understand that my opinions are not focused on you or any of the folks who happen to be the MOD's....its the fact that someone has this godlike power to censor what i think.
    But Freedom of Speech has it's limitations. While we do have the power to remove or edit posts. We don't do it lightly, and are trying to do it for the better of this forum. Hence any personal attacks are removed as well as mini-fights.

T-bone pisses off alot of people...as do i....YET when he was attacked on this forum i defended his right of freedom of expression vehemently...i just wish that ALL Argofans on this forum could have the same freedom of expression.
    I understand this, but some people just need to let their hate and anger go. This is why we started planning the meetups in the first place. If you but a face to a name, and a personality the negative attitude goes away.

I just think that no matter what side you are on...you should always be able to express your opinions..
    Your last comment did offend me somewhat...." sometimes it needed""...WTF???....who is this moral authority, this person who is ABOVE others...that can make a call on what folks SHOULD read/post/think...??? YET me being on the "other side", im probably NOT allowed to be offended.....
    I agree as well, but what are we talking about "whatever side" or "other side"? If there is something specific then I may need to know. Is about certain posters upset about soccer related threads here?

I said months that I feel the best way to bring in people to this site is to appeal to a broader audience. There's nothing wrong with a Soccer topic in the Toronto Sports thread. That's why it was created. To talk about other sports. It's when people drag that hate into other topic's is when it gets out of hand.
    I mentioned a while ago that the people who hate soccer/tfc seem to mention soccer/rc more than the people who actually post about it. Then, post about how this is an Argo Site and not a TFC/Soccer site. It really confuses me, are they complaining about their own posts? I don't know. If you don't like it, don't talk about, and ignore other posts about it. It's that simple.

Um...night night everyone....BTW i was only using midnight as an example.....he was hardly the reason/focus of my original post...
    What was the focus of your original post? I can pull moderator logs to see what was posted/changed/deleted. Who did it. Why, etc. And I can tell you we don't change or delete near as many posts as you think we do.

Mulder...i want to eat BBQ with you...have a beer or 5
    Me too

....but in your post above you say.."stuff was just inappropriate"...may i ask who decides what is inappropriate?, are there actual guidelines?..or is it up to the MOD's discretion?
    There is a few scenario's

We receive a report - If regular member see's a post that they either don't like, or they think it goes against the rules. Click the report button, right away an email goes to the mods for review.

If one of the Mods spot something. - Usually it's up to the MOD's Discretion, after taking a look at the rules. It's up to the mod to interpret the rule if they spot something first. They use the official rules as a guideline. If they are unsure, soft delete it, and we review amongst ourselves.

Everything myself or the other mods do is logged and tracked. They don't have the ability to "hard" delete posts. Only soft delete them. That means posts are hidden from view for regular posters. But Mods and Admin's can still see them and review/undelete them if need be. So if anyone notices a post has gone missing and wants to know why. They can ask us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Not entirely true, there have been times recently where you bombarded regular threads in the Double blue room with countless youtube clips, and off-topic drunken jibber. And I don't like or want to see tips for "Scoring" with woman. While we are a little more lenient what goes on in Socible!, some things are still unacceptable.
    Actually, my "In honour of Dontrelle Inman -- The Head-Banging Thread", was the only thread I posted to the Double Blue Room. And since "head-banging", is a slang term for Hard Rock, the rock videos I posted there, were IMO appropriate. And I specifically mentioned/ requested, that the thread should eventually be moved to "Sociable", after Dontrelle (and me), had a bit of fun in the sun. But it doesn't matter. This is still a private forum, even if it is in a public place. I'm just a guest here, and if I've over-stayed my welcome, then I would be happy to just read up here on Argo news, and keep my humour to myself. Also, you are correct that a year ago, or maybe even six months ago, I posted many humour threads to the Double Blue room. That was because that was where all the action and readership was. But I've tried to make sure lately, that my humour goes into the Sociable thread. Now, I may crack a joke or two on the Double Blue forum, but I don't go around derailing whole football threads. In the past, one or two present forum members have stood up for me on that point, but they or others are welcome to chime in here, on whether that remains true now, or not.

Dammit, life would be so much easier, if I was only a Badminton fan.

But I've got fire in my soul !

(Though actually I like Badminton, especially when you get to charge the net, and accidentally take out the whole front row of titties on the other side.)

Ka 'Pla !