Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
I'm with you on this one Gill. I was very happy when Argos picked up Tyms and don't know what Hamilton was thinking when they let him go.

The Ticats ended up with some strong receiver play last season after Jones came in as coach; Banks played a bigger role as a deep threat; Tasker is a very reliable receiver; ex-NFLer Saunders had a 1000 yard season; and Fantuz & Toliver (1000 yard season before) were out with injury. I can see how Tyms might not make the grade there or be the odd man out - coaching staffs will have different evaluations of talent from previous regimes. And another receiver - ex Rider Ricky Collins - ended up on the Ticats last year and did not play? - this guy really impressed me with the Riders in 2016 - if he is a forgotten man there, love to see the Argos try to get him - impressed me way more than Tyms in his CFL play - some superb catches with the Riders - but again, not a real big sample size.

IF the first 5 Ticat receivers i mentioned above are all good to go/healthy for next season - IMO the Ticats have about the best receiving corps in the CFL; Rider fans like to think their group is so good, but they don't have 5 guys with thousand yard CFL seasons; and the Esks have lost Zylstra for now.