Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    speaking of blocking - what's up with Bourke this year? he racked up a bunch of penalties on Saturday - do we attribute this to him having to block Odell Willis? Feel like he's been heavily penalized this year so far or is it just me?
    Not one of our o-linemen has had a good season. Bourke has been well below his past form, so have Van Zeyl and Holmes. Too early to rate McEwen. Watman has been OK.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Then why not try a pound the ball on the ground more if the O-line can't prevent a rush during pass blocking, which is much harder on the O-line than run blocking.
    We don't run-block particularly well, either. Two games excepted out of eight, and in one of those (Saturday's) most of Whitaker's yards came when the Esks were just trying to run out the clock of a laugher.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    It didn't help by not signing Chad Owens who is a fan favorite and doing well in the Hammer.

It might be an age thing but those Argo commercials to me don't cut the mustard. Do people who don't know the team realize that those are Argonaut players running through the streets or just actors. They need to dummy it right down to the lowest simplistic level. Sort of like a US silly catchy commercial.

Give tickets away! It can't hurt.

Oh and Neely! Life changes but I've done my part as I've yapped on about. I've also been to too many CFL games to list. I've been to 28 Grey Cups missing a few games but not the four day party. Next year in Ottawa will be 30 Grey Cups. I can talk about attendance all that I want. It's a football forum and it's a major issue. I've spent so much on CFL football over the years that I could be happily retired with a great bank roll had I not enjoyed CFL games and culture for ever and ever. Our lives revolve around the CFL schedule. That isn't complaining, it's talking.
    Hey you don't seem to be happy unless you're complaining about something so farbeit for me to take that away from you.
    ;-)

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    That was quite the touch of a true Canadian experience the other night. I never classified my self as a Hip fan but holy crap somehow I know every song. Sad times but what a showman. The guy is a true wordsmith.
    Yeah I'm with you. I never identified myself as a Hip fan. But as I watched the replay of the show (I was at the game obviously), every song I recognized and I kept saying 'Oh yeah, I love this song!' Until toward the end I realized I was actually a Tragically Hip fan and didn't even really know it.

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    Yeah I'm with you. I never identified myself as a Hip fan. But as I watched the replay of the show (I was at the game obviously), every song I recognized and I kept saying 'Oh yeah, I love this song!' Until toward the end I realized I was actually a Tragically Hip fan and didn't even really know it.
    lol same thing for me! I was surprised at how many songs I knew and enjoyed! I grew up with it and the radio stations in Kingston play them constantly.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I guess Mike Hogan knows the guys from his high school days in Kingston as he's mentioned to us in the past.

Hey Neely, my motto is 'If Your Not Bitchin, Your Not Livin'. hahaha. I just came up with that gem. Sounds like an album name to me. Plus It's cool to hate, that great Offspring line.
    I'm really not a fan of most people so I do bitch and complain about them. Animals are a different story, they kick ass. I'll have to run my new motto past my wife during the next Argo game when she says, "I'm the only one here to hear you bitch". haha. It's all fun.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If anyone drops a pass as ridiculously simple as that one was, then yes it will improve public perception of the team because at least people who are at the stadium and fans watching on TV will know the players will be made to account. The bleeding hearts were all crying about Jim Popp's comments, but all he did was be honest and hold his players accountable.

He's hardly old school, I think he let's the players run the team from what I've seen and their performance shows that. Half the guys walk out the dressing room not being ready to play the game. They look like disorganized individuals who just happen to be wearing the same football uniform than a focused team ready to work together with the same goal in mind.
    You cut a guy who has been thrown one pass and dropped it ??? That's just whacked = every receiver in football would be cut. IF Cross drops the next 2 or 3 passes thrown to him = time to say he should probably not be playing offence (unless he is just a wicked tough blocking back).

Marketing young local/Canadian talent would do next to nothing for the Argos IMO - average joe fan does NOT follow lower levels of Canadian football enough to have ever heard of the guy. Marketing known star players who have veteran presence in the league (Ray or Foley or Durie) could help a bit i guess / maybe / not sure. They do IMO need to figure out some way to better market Argos (history) and CFL ball = not sure what would work well in wannabeland ?

Argos are right in the hunt in a big-time mediocre overall CFL season in terms of strong teams = their are none IMO (Calgary shoulda easily have been beat by Ottawa, who got hammered at home by a very iffy Als team ? - go figure). IF the Argos lose their next 4 or 5 straight = time to panic i guess. For now - i think they could beat any team in the league if they have a decent game - we shall see after the back to back against the Pussycats maybe ?

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    You cut a guy who has been thrown one pass and dropped it ??? That's just whacked = every receiver in football would be cut. IF Cross drops the next 2 or 3 passes thrown to him = time to say he should probably not be playing offence (unless he is just a wicked tough blocking back).

Marketing young local/Canadian talent would do next to nothing for the Argos IMO - average joe fan does NOT follow lower levels of Canadian football enough to have ever heard of the guy. Marketing known star players who have veteran presence in the league (Ray or Foley or Durie) could help a bit i guess / maybe / not sure. They do IMO need to figure out some way to better market Argos (history) and CFL ball = not sure what would work well in wannabeland ?

Argos are right in the hunt in a big-time mediocre overall CFL season in terms of strong teams = their are none IMO (Calgary shoulda easily have been beat by Ottawa, who got hammered at home by a very iffy Als team ? - go figure). IF the Argos lose their next 4 or 5 straight = time to panic i guess. For now - i think they could beat any team in the league if they have a decent game - we shall see after the back to back against the Pussycats maybe ?
    kid does not even get to touch the ball in the warm up much. Very harsh .... seen many of the argos receivers drop balls why pick on this young kid who will one day turn out to be a good player.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    kid does not even get to touch the ball in the warm up much. Very harsh .... seen many of the argos receivers drop balls why pick on this young kid who will one day turn out to be a good player.
    OV was actually defending Cross, and I agree with him.

Cross is a very good blocker, and let's be honest, he will not be touching the ball very often, especially once Jones gets up to speed. The guy that was cutting him up? Read more of his posts and you will learn to ignore him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level

It's pro football, you got to make such an easy catch. As for marketing Canadians...Fantuz Flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    THEN DON'T THROW HIM THE BALL, and why is he playing as an eligible receiver. (I know he's a fullback) When you drop a pass like that, it doesn't show fans, he's well on his way to being the next Neil Lumsden. It's one thing to not get the ball in warm-up, but does he not practice catching during practice.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

Cross is a very good blocker, and let's be honest, he will not be touching the ball very often, especially once Jones gets up to speed. The guy that was cutting him up? Read more of his posts and you will learn to ignore him.
    Coming from a groupie like you, instead of a knowledgeable football fan...thanks for the compliment. You should perhaps learn to watch the game like a critical fan who's impartial instead of being more like a groupie for the team. Then maybe you'd be smart enough to question the dubious moves of Barker and Milanovich instead of kissing their ass the way you always do.

If Cross is a great blocker who can't catch, then why is he a FB lining up as an eligible receiver. Get him to put on some beef and have him be on the O-line. It's also an indictment on Barker and Milo and further proves my point about just having token Canadians and not Canadians capable of contributing. How does that build a good team? Where are the Canadians like Robb Bagg, Andy Fantuz or Brad Sinipoli on this team?...we don't have them, other teams have them and then you say I'm wrong about the depth of Canadians on this team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    So wait, one dropped pass = automatic cut ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    So wait, one dropped pass = automatic cut ?
    According to the guru Gil The Thrill, yes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It's pro football, you got to make such an easy catch. As for marketing Canadians...Fantuz Flakes.

THEN DON'T THROW HIM THE BALL, and why is he playing as an eligible receiver. (I know he's a fullback) When you drop a pass like that, it doesn't show fans, he's well on his way to being the next Neil Lumsden. It's one thing to not get the ball in warm-up, but does he not practice catching during practice.

Coming from a groupie like you, instead of a knowledgeable football fan...thanks for the compliment. You should perhaps learn to watch the game like a critical fan who's impartial instead of being more like a groupie for the team. Then maybe you'd be smart enough to question the dubious moves of Barker and Milanovich instead of kissing their ass the way you always do.

If Cross is a great blocker who can't catch, then why is he a FB lining up as an eligible receiver. Get him to put on some beef and have him be on the O-line. It's also an indictment on Barker and Milo and further proves my point about just having token Canadians and not Canadians capable of contributing. How does that build a good team? Where are the Canadians like Robb Bagg, Andy Fantuz or Brad Sinipoli on this team?...we don't have them, other teams have them and then you say I'm wrong about the depth of Canadians on this team.
    Congratulations. You have officially become the biggest idiot on this forum.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Pretty harsh. I can admit that I have tendencies be a homer and side with Argonauts management or players. What's wrong with supporting your team though? I would much prefer to hang around someone who is supportive than people that want everyone fired and cut after a loss. Seriously, if I'm going for a beer after a game, do I want to be around positive, reasonable minded people, or the guys that are going to be calling for people's jobs the rest of the night?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I'm sure there was a nicer way to say that, Angelo. ;)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Actually there wasn't. I tried really hard too. You should have seen my first 50 drafts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Actually there wasn't. I tried really hard too. You should have seen my first 50 drafts.
    "Cognitively-impaired" ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Might have been defending Cross and the notion he should be cut for dropping one pass thrown his way; however - I have already commented on how I believe it is silly or a waste of a roster spot to have a 2nd / back-up H-back on the game roster with Dupuis already there - for a quite limited position ??? UNLESS Cross was also a super gunner special teamer as well as a capable H-back - haven't seen that out of him yet. Jones could be on the roster and able to do duty as a receiver AND another H-back if need be; he also blew away Cross in terms of athletic testing #s at Combines = I believe he could hit/tackle/cover/block better on STs if that was the main use or concern for the player, at first. Crosss was not such a great draft pick in my books - but i would love to be proven wrong down the road.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Might have been defending Cross and the notion he should be cut for dropping one pass thrown his way; however - I have already commented on how I believe it is silly or a waste of a roster spot to have a 2nd / back-up H-back on the game roster with Dupuis already there - for a quite limited position ??? UNLESS Cross was also a super gunner special teamer as well as a capable H-back - haven't seen that out of him yet. Jones could be on the roster and able to do duty as a receiver AND another H-back if need be; he also blew away Cross in terms of athletic testing #s at Combines = I believe he could hit/tackle/cover/block better on STs if that was the main use or concern for the player, at first. Crosss was not such a great draft pick in my books - but i would love to be proven wrong down the road.
    Agree that Jones is the guy for offence over Cross, but not so sure about his ST ability. I doubt he played any coverage teams in CIS, and it really showed on the 1 good return Doe had on Saturday. Jones was on contain, and let Doe get to the outside without any blocker to contend with.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Agree that Jones is the guy for offence over Cross, but not so sure about his ST ability. I doubt he played any coverage teams in CIS, and it really showed on the 1 good return Doe had on Saturday. Jones was on contain, and let Doe get to the outside without any blocker to contend with.
    Oh yeah - Cross would have tackled him for sure.

A blind squirrel finds a nut the odd time; Doe is one of the most mediocre to useless CFL return guys i have seen in a long time; but Mr. Ed and Maas keep trotting that stiff out there. Meanwhile - superb CIS punt returner Ryan Neuuwesteg gets zero CFL shot at returning any kicks - even in exhibition games - in his so-called CFL try-out with the kick-return star laden Argos.