Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    That was a blast. He goes down in history as a great Argo with a couple of the most memorable moments in club history. We'll leave the lights on for yah
    That diving, late TD grab in Hamilton on September 30th to force OT....if they lose to Hamilton twice in September I doubt the team turns it around in the 2nd half of the season.

I however, do feel he will return.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    That diving, late TD grab in Hamilton on September 30th to force OT....if they lose to Hamilton twice in September I doubt the team turns it around in the 2nd half of the season.

I however, do feel he will return.
    Replaceable, but his playmaking ability is perhaps not so easily replaced, IMO. However, if the NFL doesn't pan out, he's certainly welcome to return to the Argonauts.

Well, I've done two 180s on the "release for NFL opportunity" issue, and am now back to my original outlook: let 'em go to give it a shot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Replaceable, but his playmaking ability is perhaps not so easily replaced, IMO. However, if the NFL doesn't pan out, he's certainly welcome to return to the Argonauts.

Well, I've done two 180s on the "release for NFL opportunity" issue, and am now back to my original outlook: let 'em go to give it a shot.

He did put in 2 years as an Argo, and was set to become a FA anyways.

Much different than the one year, or come to our team for a cup of coffee and i'll do anything to let you go to the NFL attitude that Ego-Jones or Barker or Wally have shown.

CFL GMs who want to build a quality TEAM for several years should NOT be signing Wilder or Butler types with the accepted attitude that they are only going to give one season at most - total myopic bull$hite IMO. Avoid those types and sign younger import players who do not have NFL calling on their resumes and are willing to commit and play hard in the CFL for 2 years, minimum (i'd try for 3 year contracts, and tough $hite if no other CFL teams do that) - and then they can go on to the NFL when their CFL contract is up.