This thread mentioned about player safety at the start, although not much more has added since. I know I am concerned at the future of Football because of the concussion issues and other severe injuries, and the effect it will have on the younger generation not being allowed to play the game. The League has tried some what with calling (sometimes) head shots etc. But I feel they should go a step further and put in a rule for an ejection not just 15 yard penalty for attempt to injure on unnecessary hard hits not only on the QB but other players especially in blind side hits. QB's are very vulnerable to serious injury during the throwing motion and defensive players are allowed to just unload on them as hard as possible. That's called just a good football play. But we all know it is an attempt to injure and take a star player out of the game. Same thing on a receiver that is vulnerable going up for a catch. It's time IMO to start cutting down on these kind of "attempts to injure" for the sake of the game going forward. I know I hate to see this rule given to officials that leaves it to their discretion, as common sense and some football officials doesn't always line up. But something should be done because a 15 yard penalty for unnecessary roughness doesn't have any affect on player safety, and we all know it. So IMO it is time the owners started changing the rules to protect the players that we fans pay to see. The game originated from rugby and there is no reason a rugby tackle can't be used in most cases. But until we see disqualifications for blatant attempts to injury nothing is going to change except turning off more people from the game.