Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
You must have missed it but both tackle positions changed from the first half of the season to the second half -- Tony Washington and Riker Matthews were a huge upgrade over what they had earlier in the year.

Yeah - you're right and that slipped my mind; maybe those guys were "huge" upgrades; but i seem to recall that Matthews guy getting burned some and Washington is a journeyman type who has been let go by other CFL teams. I also now seem to recall them going with an extra O-lineman (NI back-up Rice) in some sets? So better talent plus different blocking schemes maybe? Still say it was likely much more about Masoli and the June Jones different passing offence.

I thought Masoli was fantastic a lot of the time last season (just like in his record consecutive completion game the year before (vs. the Esks?)); the guy just finds a way to get passes off, even when in trouble, and is pretty accurate; plus very mobile. A very under-rated CFL QB now IMO. Wonder if he gets thrown under the bus there if they sign Johnny Superstar and just hand him the starting job without real TC competition (that wouldn't surprise me in the least) ? OR - i still think there is the possibility that they try to fleece that dullard Mavis in trade for the rights to Manziel ? - Als are desperate for a QB; Hamilton should not be with Masoli. But maybe the idea is that Manziel and all the hype would sell lots of tickets? - again, maybe more need in Montreal there ?