Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
The Lamport site has been discussed extensively on the Skyscraper forum. See here for a mock-up someone did of a 31k seater: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...52997&page=154.

Basically, you can get a CFL stadium in there but it would use up every square inch of the grounds and parking lot. That would be entirely impractical. I took some pictures down there and noticed you'd also need to purchase at least one private home to make it work on the western side. Plus it's a comparative stone's throw to BMO and the city would be very unlikely to put money toward another stadium so close.

A fair idea but not quite doable.
Interesting (I'm assuming the designer didn't have the time to put a roof on their model). I thought maybe Lamport might have been viable since you wouldn't have to start from scratch as you would, well, pretty much anywhere else. Transit may not be ideal (yeah no subway but there aren't too many viable sites near the subway line), but it's not bad. Highway access is also not ideal, but if Argos fans have been able to live with trying to access the QEW from around Robbers Center all these decades I'm sure having to access it from the Ex is not a big deal. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about having to contend with traffic coming out of the ACC on the rare occasions when the two venues let out at the same time. I really don't want to see the Argos leave the City of Toronto proper. It's just not the same having them in Mississauga or Vaughan.