Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
Are you referring to Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton. It does not look that bare bones to me...it has more walls and finished structure than BMO field, which is described by one poster on here as a "mechano standium". BMO as it stands now is not CFL calibre because of the seating. Surely a CFL stadium in Toronto should have more than 21,000 capacity, and probably no less than 30k, but at the very least 27-28K with an ability to expand to host Grey Cups. This needs to be considered if Rogers Centre changes their turf to natural grass but also changes their rotating 100 level sections to fix them permanently to baseball seating. That would pretty much ruin the football or soccer sightlines at Rogers Centre.

If bare bones means not having an unnecessary hotel built, or bronze gargoyles on the outside or carpeting on the concourse, then that's fine with me. Many of the great stadiums in other places don't have those and they provide a great atmosphere, better than any atmosphere the RC has.
Yes, I'm referring to THF, and yes, I think it's going to be pretty bare bones (and certainly not the "state-of-the-art" stadium it has been touted to be). That's not to say it won't have a great atmosphere. But I think it's naïve to think a good-enough stadium can be built in Toronto for $150M if that's what's being built in Hamilton WITH NO LAND COST.