Thread: Cody Fajardo

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree that Cody should start the next game if Ricky Ray is not 100%. Jeff Matthews showed me nothing in pre-season, and his having slightly more CFL experience has little value when he is a mobile as a piece of furniture, especially with the issues we have had with the O line. Fajardo's run ability creates intriguing play calling possibilities, with run-pass options. However, my knock against Cody is that he reverts to the run as his first default instead of trying to find secondary receivers open downfield. It has to be impressed upon him that he is a QB first, and a runner only if necessary. Mind you, he threw for over 9,000 yards in college, so I know he can do it. With lots of practice reps, and good coaching, I believe he can fill in until Ricky returns, and give us a better chance to win than Matthews.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    I agree that Cody should start the next game if Ricky Ray is not 100%. Jeff Matthews showed me nothing in pre-season, and his having slightly more CFL experience has little value when he is a mobile as a piece of furniture, especially with the issues we have had with the O line. Fajardo's run ability creates intriguing play calling possibilities, with run-pass options. However, my knock against Cody is that he reverts to the run as his first default instead of trying to find secondary receivers open downfield. It has to be impressed upon him that he is a QB first, and a runner only if necessary. Mind you, he threw for over 9,000 yards in college, so I know he can do it. With lots of practice reps, and good coaching, I believe he can fill in until Ricky returns, and give us a better chance to win than Matthews.
    I was hoping from more from Matthews. He looked very uncomfortable in there. As if watching the hits Ray took made him just want to get rid of the ball ASAP. Never threatened down field (I believe his longest attempt was on a 12 yard out to the SJ which was incomplete). At this point, Fajardo is the only option IMO after Ray.
    It's us vs the rest of the country