Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Why should Argo fans (or Als fans) have to be the group that loses a home game to a neutral site? We only get nine of them per year -- as a paying customer I'd prefer to have nine chances to see my team. If the league decides neutral-site games are worth doing annually, they should rotate the host team so no one loses more than one home game every nine years (or 10 if there is ever a 10th franchise).
I don't disagree with you at all on this point, but I think part of the answer to this is economics... the Argos are consistently one of the lower drawing teams in the league. If, as I assume, the ownership was offered a set amount of money to play in a neutral site game and that proposition was financially attractive compared to hosting a home game, then they would take it. For this years Touchdown Atlantic game, I believe that the Als were chosen as the opponent because there is a strong francophone component out east, especially in New Brunswick.

Similarly, when we went to Fort McMurray, our opponent was the Eskimos, as it was assumed there would be a fan base for an Alberta team. Things don't always work out, as we have seen, but I understand the logic.

Ideally, you are right.. those neutral site games should be spread around more, but unfortunately until our local fortunes improve, the Argos may be involved more than we fans would like.