Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I am also thrilled that the Argos didn't trade for Kevin Glenn.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If they could have got him for a 5th round pick as an insurance policy, I would have done that first. I don't have a problem with Willy, but it might turn out to be a steep price. I hate parting with the #1 pick more than I do with Heath to be honest, because Mitchell looked good today, and I also like Rankin.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    If they could have got him for a 5th round pick as an insurance policy, I would have done that first. I don't have a problem with Willy, but it might turn out to be a steep price. I hate parting with the #1 pick more than I do with Heath to be honest, because Mitchell looked good today, and I also like Rankin.
    Pretty high price for Willy, hate seeing a playmaking DB leave town considering how they have struggled with their secondary in the last 2-3 years.
    Perhaps a day or two may soften our perspective on this trade.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Pretty high price for Willy, hate seeing a playmaking DB leave town considering how they have struggled with their secondary in the last 2-3 years.
    Perhaps a day or two may soften our perspective on this trade.
    I'm really not too upset about losing Heath. I think Mitchell is better than him, and they also have Berry returning shortly. The only reservation I have is the first round pick. If Willy can regain his confidence, he is a really good QB. If not, hopefully they can regain that draft pick somewhere along the way.

I think the 2 picks Heath made yesterday is really making people believe that he is better than he is. It's not like he really made plays on the ball to make those picks. They were both tipped in from of him and just fell into his hands. Nothing extraordinary about that. Johnny on the spot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I'm really not too upset about losing Heath. I think Mitchell is better than him, and they also have Berry returning shortly. The only reservation I have is the first round pick. If Willy can regain his confidence, he is a really good QB. If not, hopefully they can regain that draft pick somewhere along the way.

I think the 2 picks Heath made yesterday is really making people believe that he is better than he is. It's not like he really made plays on the ball to make those picks. They were both tipped in from of him and just fell into his hands. Nothing extraordinary about that. Johnny on the spot.
    If you can get a potential starting QB - and Milanovich believes he can bring the best out of Willy and has a good track record developing QBs - is a first round draft pick too steep a price? I would say no. Willy was beat up badly behind that terrible Winnipeg o-line in 2014 and 2015 and subsequently lost his confidence. Milanovich feels that he can help Willy get that confidence back and I would give him the benefit of the doubt on that given how well he has worked with QBs in the past.

Regarding Heath, the Argos have other DBs that are now getting healthy whom they probably like at least as much in Mitchell, Rankin and Berry. As Paul noted, Heath is 29 which is not young for a DB. I know that some will point out that Willy is also 29 but that usually means heading into your prime for a QB. Remember that Trevor Harris is 31.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    If you can get a potential starting QB - and Milanovich believes he can bring the best out of Willy and has a good track record developing QBs - is a first round draft pick too steep a price? I would say no. Willy was beat up badly behind that terrible Winnipeg o-line in 2014 and 2015 and subsequently lost his confidence. Milanovich feels that he can help Willy get that confidence back and I would give him the benefit of the doubt on that given how well he has worked with QBs in the past.
    Here's hoping the Argos OL give Willy the protection they gave DL yesterday. If they give Willy the protection they gave Ray, it will look a lot like 2014 and 2015 in Winnipeg.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Here's hoping the Argos OL give Willy the protection they gave DL yesterday. If they give Willy the protection they gave Ray, it will look a lot like 2014 and 2015 in Winnipeg.
    I have been meaning to give a thumbs up to Van Roten for his play at Left tackle yesterday. It's not like he had an easy day going up against Chick most of the afternoon. But a roll out QB like Lefevour makes most O Lines look better. Also helps the RB by keeping the defense guessing, just like in the good old days, Right OV!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    It will look like that if they give Ray or LeFevour that type of protection, too.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

i totally agree with you, mostly with losing the draft pick...i think people are more shocked that arguably the best defender on the field last night is traded within minutes after the game...if heath didnt do anything at all tonight, would anyone even bat an eye? i doubt it

i still have hope as i always think back to the cory boyd release...leagues leading rusher is released...and we win the grey cup that year!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    i totally agree with you, mostly with losing the draft pick...i think people are more shocked that arguably the best defender on the field last night is traded within minutes after the game...if heath didnt do anything at all tonight, would anyone even bat an eye? i doubt it

i still have hope as i always think back to the cory boyd release...leagues leading rusher is released...and we win the grey cup that year!
    I think Issaac was the best Argo defender last night, with the entire D-Line also being a force.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    I think Issaac was the best Argo defender last night, with the entire D-Line also being a force.
    Yeah, have to say I have been more than pleasantly surprised with how well Isaac has played of late. His best stretch since 2012. He's even making aggressive tackles rather than waving at guys.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Yah the number 1 pick bothers me the most to. Reminds me of the good old days, giving up the #1 draft pick for those star QB's Lemon and Bishop.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wouldn't have found Glenn to be an ideal solution either, but it isn't like Drew Willy is either (especially at that price).
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I wouldn't have found Glenn to be an ideal solution either, but it isn't like Drew Willy is either (especially at that price).
    It comes down to what are the Argos' expectations for Willy? I think that Barker and Milanovich see him as an ideal fit for their offensive system and a potential starter in the not-too-distant future. Glenn probably would not be as good of a fit, especially with his penchant for bad interceptions.

The key for Willy is if he can get over his "gun-shyness" which seems to have developed while taking a pounding in Winnipeg the last couple of years. If he can, he could still develop into an elite QB but I will concede that is a big "if".

I didn't necessarily think that the Argos, despite the rumours, needed to trade for a veteran QB. The three that were rumoured were Durant, Willy and Glenn. Out of those three, Durant would have been my top pick with Willy at #2 and Glenn a distant #3. It could be that Barker felt some additional pressure to bring another veteran QB in with Toronto hosting the Grey Cup this year.