Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Call it a cop-out, but I believe teams will continue to act out of self-interest. Teams will believe, rightly or wrongly, that a team able to use one of its NAT spots at QB (and therefore having 21 non-QB INTs) would have an advantage over a team that could dress only 20 non-QB INTs.
But Ron is right, how is that different from starting NAT RBs? There certainly aren't enough of them to go around. Why should Winnipeg have the advantage of a starting NAT RB just because they were smart enough to sign a good one? It's not fair to all the other teams who weren't smart enough or didn't have enough cap space to sign one too. Well boo hoo. It's such a defeatist, backward-looking attitude, so sadly typical of GOB thinking.

They better change this stupid rule soon because over the next few years I think there are going to be more and more Canadian QBs coming out of Div I FBS schools now that Bridge has broken the ice. These will be Canadian kids with NFL QB dreams, but also aware now that if they became stars in the CFL they could pull down $800,000 or more, which ain't too shabby as a second option.