Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
Looking at turnover on D….I thought the Argos did a Brilliant Job maintaining continuity coming off 16-2. Of the D Line projected starters, only Ceresna is new, but he is a vet and knows the league. The LBs, McManus and Jones (who is an upgrade over Williams at MLB) return, with only Pickett’s spot (Adeleke)? up for grabs. In the Secondary, McFadden, Pierce and Metchie return…along with Amos (any idea if he will be healthy by TC)? and perhaps Carnell returns to form, so really only 2 spots are open.
It is starting to be puzzling as a fan why the coaching staff isn’t set. Hopefully when it gets settled Hoagie will have an article focused on the process.
I have no issues with the personnel assembled on D, they knew they couldn’t keep all the eligible free agents in double blue.
They sure did a nice job in keeping as many players as possible and bringing in some high quality replacements, my issue is them apparently going lean with the coaching staff on defence, makes no sense as it sits right now.
I will be surprised if they don’t add another defensive coach or two but who knows.
As with most training camps there are always a couple of young players who step up and take starting jobs, this year should be no different.