Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Brett Jones received an injury settle so is now an FA and Muamba had a tryout with the Giants today.

While this is probably a ridiculous stretch, I'm hoping that Barker can speak with TanenBELL and try to get some additional money for Braley to okay signing O'Donnell, Muamba, Ball and Carter. Chiles don't really care for but at the same time maybe he could complement the young receiving core.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Brett Jones received an injury settle so is now an FA and Muamba had a tryout with the Giants today.

While this is probably a ridiculous stretch, I'm hoping that Barker can speak with TanenBELL and try to get some additional money for Braley to okay signing O'Donnell, Muamba, Ball and Carter. Chiles don't really care for but at the same time maybe he could complement the young receiving core.
    O'Donnell would be a great get. CVZ has struggled this year, and perhaps a move to guard for him would be better...also helps ratio wise, and would be a way to get Spencer into the line-up.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    O'Donnell would be a great get. CVZ has struggled this year, and perhaps a move to guard for him would be better...also helps ratio wise, and would be a way to get Spencer into the line-up.
    If we did sign O'D and move VZ to RG, I might prefer to see Van Roten at centre. IMO he and Holmes have been our only two consistently solid O-linemen. I love Keeping and he's a warrior, but the o-line seems to have regressed since he got back in and VR moved to guard. Maybe it's health; someone alluded to a lot of injury woes among the group. If VR stays in the lineup somewhere we can't dress Spencer unless we take the drastic but possibly warranted (and I only said possibly, I am not entirely sold on this) step of moving out Owens.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    If we did sign O'D and move VZ to RG, I might prefer to see Van Roten at centre. IMO he and Holmes have been our only two consistently solid O-linemen. I love Keeping and he's a warrior, but the o-line seems to have regressed since he got back in and VR moved to guard. Maybe it's health; someone alluded to a lot of injury woes among the group. If VR stays in the lineup somewhere we can't dress Spencer unless we take the drastic but possibly warranted (and I only said possibly, I am not entirely sold on this) step of moving out Owens.
    I have no desire to move Owens out. I am not down on him at all. I want Spencer in as a situational option that can replace Coombs, 1 of the big 3 or maybe even a RB on certain plays.

Keeping may not be the issue. Maybe Van Roten is not a great guard. I would love to start 4 Canadians on the o-line. If they are set at starting only 3, I would consider pulling Van Roten out and moving King in at RT. Not saying Van Roten for certain is playing poorly, but perhaps the entire Argos line would look better if they had 2 tackles playing well. IMO, CVZ and King were a really good pair on the right side a couple of years ago with CVZ at guard and King at tackle.
    It's us vs the rest of the country