Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    How about a plane? I wouldn’t say never, you may not have a choice. A Raptors game I attended this year was electronic only.
    I purchased a ticket to the pre-season game last week and it was electronic only. My phone could not open the link they sent, so I got my money back. For air travel, I print my boarding passes every time. Like I say, I will never trust a phone. I also never remember to keep it charged. No problem with paper. Works every single time. There are still people who don't carry a phone, so hopefully the paper option will always be around.

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    I purchased a ticket to the pre-season game last week and it was electronic only. My phone could not open the link they sent, so I got my money back. For air travel, I print my boarding passes every time. Like I say, I will never trust a phone. I also never remember to keep it charged. No problem with paper. Works every single time. There are still people who don't carry a phone, so hopefully the paper option will always be around.
    We were originally discussing "season tickets" where they come in nice glossy paper or you could choose to have them electonically delivered.

If you buy individual tickets on-line including from ticketmaster they are electronic but just like air tickets, you can print them out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    We were originally discussing "season tickets" where they come in nice glossy paper or you could choose to have them electonically delivered.

If you buy individual tickets on-line including from ticketmaster they are electronic but just like air tickets, you can print them out.
    Argofan1 is correct about the pre season game. I thought I had the option to print as well but I was wrong. I have a wallet on my phone so it wasn’t an issue for me, but there are still a lot of people that don’t believe in or need cell phones. So strictly electronic is a bs way of doing things. Almost as if they are working with the phone companies to force people to buy expensive phones.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Argofan1 is correct about the pre season game. I thought I had the option to print as well but I was wrong. I have a wallet on my phone so it wasn’t an issue for me, but there are still a lot of people that don’t beAlmost as if they are working with the phone companies to force people to buy expensive phones.
    My advice to you: never learn about "native advertising" because ignorance is bliss. Just about everything is a thinly veiled sales pitch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    I have to admit that I know very little about the workings of my phone. I have no clue what this wallet thing you mentioned is all about. I only turn it on when I need to make a phone call, or check a map. When I tried to get the ticket using the link it only said it "could not obtain a secure connection. " That was as far as I got. Phone was useless in that instance. I know I can get other web sites, but this did not work. Therefore, I called and got my money back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    I have to admit that I know very little about the workings of my phone. I have no clue what this wallet thing you mentioned is all about. I only turn it on when I need to make a phone call, or check a map. When I tried to get the ticket using the link it only said it "could not obtain a secure connection. " That was as far as I got. Phone was useless in that instance. I know I can get other web sites, but this did not work. Therefore, I called and got my money back.
    I also have a dumb phone so i called the Argo office and they sent me a link for paper tix. I am sure this option will always be made available, but you probably will have to call for it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not sure if I needed to, but I downloaded the free Ticketmaster app, which made it easy to put the tickets into the wallet. Once they are in the wallet, you no longer need wifi or data to access them.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    My advice to you: never learn about "native advertising" because ignorance is bliss. Just about everything is a thinly veiled sales pitch.
    I miss those days. Like this subtle native advertisement about buying Glad Garbage bags.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Argofan1 is correct about the pre season game. I thought I had the option to print as well but I was wrong. I have a wallet on my phone so it wasn’t an issue for me, but there are still a lot of people that don’t believe in or need cell phones. So strictly electronic is a bs way of doing things. Almost as if they are working with the phone companies to force people to buy expensive phones.
    Well I (we) certainly had a lesson learned about electronic tickets. This likely will never be an issue for an Argos game but on a whim, my boyfriend bought us tickets to the Arkells concert last night during the football game. Obviously since we were at the game we could not print out the tickets and had to go with electronic tickets. All went well getting into Budweiser stage and getting to our seats. Then my boyfriend's phone died. No big deal, we were into the concert. Que when we leave our section to go get a drink...and try to return to our seats. Phone was dead so we couldn't show our tickets. The security argued with us for about 10 minutes telling us that we could not go back to our seats because we could not show our tickets. And on top of that we couldn't stand at the top of our section because they had to keep the aisle way clear. I'm not sure where we were supposed to go to watch the remainder of the concert? Even the senior security manager was involved and was denying us. Finally a junior came up with the suggestion that he take us to our seats (as we were telling them the exact section, row and seat numbers from the beginning) and see if anyone there would verify that we had already indeed been in those seats. Fortunately that is exactly what happened. Had it not been for the people around us verifying that we had been there earlier I am not sure what would have happened. Anyway, lesson is that if you have electronic tickets make sure that your phone is well charged to last you the entire event (and not just the beginning of the event) or if possible, always carry a paper copy just in case!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Well I (we) certainly had a lesson learned about electronic tickets. This likely will never be an issue for an Argos game but on a whim, my boyfriend bought us tickets to the Arkells concert last night during the football game. Obviously since we were at the game we could not print out the tickets and had to go with electronic tickets. All went well getting into Budweiser stage and getting to our seats. Then my boyfriend's phone died. No big deal, we were into the concert. Que when we leave our section to go get a drink...and try to return to our seats. Phone was dead so we couldn't show our tickets. The security argued with us for about 10 minutes telling us that we could not go back to our seats because we could not show our tickets. And on top of that we couldn't stand at the top of our section because they had to keep the aisle way clear. I'm not sure where we were supposed to go to watch the remainder of the concert? Even the senior security manager was involved and was denying us. Finally a junior came up with the suggestion that he take us to our seats (as we were telling them the exact section, row and seat numbers from the beginning) and see if anyone there would verify that we had already indeed been in those seats. Fortunately that is exactly what happened. Had it not been for the people around us verifying that we had been there earlier I am not sure what would have happened. Anyway, lesson is that if you have electronic tickets make sure that your phone is well charged to last you the entire event (and not just the beginning of the event) or if possible, always carry a paper copy just in case!!
    That sucks, another possible solution is to forward the Etickets so they're on 2 Phones.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Also, take a battery pack with you to charge the phone.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227