Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Rogers puts the Jays on at least four of their channels every game; TSN rarely puts CFL on more than two of theirs. The Argos game last Saturday was only on TSN1. If you live in the GTA, have cable but don't subscribe to all five TSN stations, you wouldn't have seen this game as it wasn't on TSN4 which is the only TSN channel these people would have.
    Honestly, it's time to stop with the excuses. I have led the charge of excuses in the past. It's quite obvious the Argos don't currently have the following that they should in the GTA. This can and hopefully will change, but the organization needs to do more to get the change we all are hoping for.

I will never apologize for loving the Argos and the CFL, but we have to be honest.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Honestly, it's time to stop with the excuses. I have led the charge of excuses in the past. It's quite obvious the Argos don't currently have the following that they should in the GTA. This can and hopefully will change, but the organization needs to do more to get the change we all are hoping for.

I will never apologize for loving the Argos and the CFL, but we have to be honest.
    The caretakers are doing everything within their powers to grow football in the GTA.
    The internal metrics at TSN demonstrate there is a hidden Coastal Carolina fanbase waiting to break out at any moment.

https://www.tsn.ca/ncaa-football-on-tsn-1.1512555
    We just have to be a little more patient.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

Not having the Argonauts on basic cable in Toronto definitely limits their audience reach. It’s not an excuse to say so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not having the Argonauts on basic cable in Toronto definitely limits their audience reach. It’s not an excuse to say so.
    True indeed. One of the most annoying aspects of TSN's sales strategy is the apparently deliberate effort to keep some CFL games off the basic package in one of the regions that would be most interested in the game. Doesn't happen all the time, but IMO it should never happen, and the CFL should have insisted on that when it negotiated the contract.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    True indeed. One of the most annoying aspects of TSN's sales strategy is the apparently deliberate effort to keep some CFL games off the basic package in one of the regions that would be most interested in the game. Doesn't happen all the time, but IMO it should never happen, and the CFL should have insisted on that when it negotiated the contract.
    It is totally f'ing outrageous that I can see a foreign sport on my national OTA channel but have to spend money on cable to see my historical home country league. And there's a part of me that thinks there is a not so good reason behind that. I got out of the habit of watching this year for various reasons but still had to do some shenanigans to watch the Grey Cup. Bell, you should be f'n ashamed, I expect that stuff from Rogers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don’t disagree and I have complained about it earlier this season. Just saying that if it’s not this, it’s another excuse. To me the lack of popularity with the team false on ownership. Not just this ownership, but previous ones as well. I think when they are allowed to fill the stadium again, MLSE needs to start papering the house on the east side with tickets going to mostly kids. They will still make money off food and beverage sales and people haps build a base of young fans for the future. It’s better than having all those seats empty.
    It's us vs the rest of the country