Thread: Playoffs

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I really like the enthusiasm about the pending playoff game in here. But don't forget this is coming from diehard fans. I have not heard anything from the organization other than the minimum I would expect. IE sell tickets to STH and current corporate partners and make tickets available to the general public. I want to be open minded about this. Can someone tell me how that gets us to a sellout? Or better still how it gets us past 12000? The Argos have not hosted a playoff game since 2013 and they have not had one in BMO. It must be me but I expect more from executives that get paid a lot of money and who promised much more two years ago. If the organization is going to rely on existing ticket holders to sell this game for them than I hope ownership will make the necessary changes should only 12000 show up once again. I know for some this is not a popular opinion so this is the last I will comment on it.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I really like the enthusiasm about the pending playoff game in here. But don't forget this is coming from diehard fans. I have not heard anything from the organization other than the minimum I would expect. IE sell tickets to STH and current corporate partners and make tickets available to the general public. I want to be open minded about this. Can someone tell me how that gets us to a sellout? Or better still how it gets us past 12000? The Argos have not hosted a playoff game since 2013 and they have not had one in BMO. It must be me but I expect more from executives that get paid a lot of money and who promised much more two years ago. If the organization is going to rely on existing ticket holders to sell this game for them than I hope ownership will make the necessary changes should only 12000 show up once again. I know for some this is not a popular opinion so this is the last I will comment on it.
    I personally anticipate somewhere between 15-20k for the playoff game. Though far from a hopeful sellout, the atmosphere will be excellent, and I'm looking forward to the game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I personally anticipate somewhere between 15-20k for the playoff game. Though far from a hopeful sellout, the atmosphere will be excellent, and I'm looking forward to the game.
    It would be nice to see a packed house for an Eastern final, but sadly I think your estimate is correct.
    Last edited by R.J; 10-17-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Probably accurate for the Semi. With the extra time, I would say over 20 for the Eastern Final. They win last week and I'm convinced their one win away from the Grey Cup. Opportunity possibly lost.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Probably accurate for the Semi. With the extra time, I would say over 20 for the Eastern Final. They win last week and I'm convinced their one win away from the Grey Cup. Opportunity possibly lost.
    I believe they will win their last 2 games and host the Eastern Final.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I believe they will win their last 2 games and host the Eastern Final.
    I hope you are right. They are better than both those teams right now with Winnipeg's having a few more injuries recently. East Final would be fantastic at home!
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!