Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is not necessarily something specific for the new president, but I wouldn't mind seeing a resurgence of the rivalry with the Tiger-Cats from our perspective. There is no doubt that the Hamilton fans hate the Argos, and die-hard Argo fans hate the Ticats too, but the lack of casual fanbase in Toronto has meant the rivalry has suffered from our perspective. I would try to lobby the league to see if a set game could be created for Toronto vs. Hamilton similar to what the Tiger-Cats have on Labour Day. Perhaps during the CNE as that used to be tradition.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    This is not necessarily something specific for the new president, but I wouldn't mind seeing a resurgence of the rivalry with the Tiger-Cats from our perspective. There is no doubt that the Hamilton fans hate the Argos, and die-hard Argo fans hate the Ticats too, but the lack of casual fanbase in Toronto has meant the rivalry has suffered from our perspective. I would try to lobby the league to see if a set game could be created for Toronto vs. Hamilton similar to what the Tiger-Cats have on Labour Day. Perhaps during the CNE as that used to be tradition.
    Good idea. Thanksgiving Monday would work well too, IMO.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Usually, the set game is the Saturday right after the Labour Day Monday game.
    Same situation for the Stampeders/Eskimos Labour Day game.
    I always thought it was done that way so that the Argos and Eskimos have a quick follow up home game to benefit from the rivalry tradition of the Labour Day games, since those are always held in Hamilton and Calgary.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Usually, the set game is the Saturday right after the Labour Day Monday game.
    Same situation for the Stampeders/Eskimos Labour Day game.
    I always thought it was done that way so that the Argos and Eskimos have a quick follow up home game to benefit from the rivalry tradition of the Labour Day games, since those are always held in Hamilton and Calgary.
    But, only the Calgary @ Edmonton rematch is set in stone. The Argos have no definitive home game against the Tiger-Cats akin to Labour Day.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    But, only the Calgary @ Edmonton rematch is set in stone. The Argos have no definitive home game against the Tiger-Cats akin to Labour Day.
    Likely because of their available dates at the dome. I expect that to change, and this will likely become an annual thing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I like the idea of having Labour Day in Hamilton and Thanksgiving in Toronto. I don't like them playing 4 or 5 days later. With Labour Day and Thanksgiving you have 2 important fall day games when the schedule likely means the games have alot of importance to standings. Once a 10th team joins the East, there will be a home and away for each team, which means that the 2 games played will matter, be important and can be hyped up to really mean something with your most hated rival.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I like the idea of having Labour Day in Hamilton and Thanksgiving in Toronto. I don't like them playing 4 or 5 days later. With Labour Day and Thanksgiving you have 2 important fall day games when the schedule likely means the games have alot of importance to standings. Once a 10th team joins the East, there will be a home and away for each team, which means that the 2 games played will matter, be important and can be hyped up to really mean something with your most hated rival.
    That would be my preference. I am not really that big on back to back against the same team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Thumbs up to that!! I would love every Thanksgiving Monday play the TiCats at BMO.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!