Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Um... why did we call a time out before the clock ran all the way down?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Waters redeems himself with career high 6th FG. Two score game for Edmonton. Edmonton now doing the old Argo dumb and dumber penalty thing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Argos now do the dumb and dumber penalty thing thereby contributing to an Edmonton TD.

Achievements:

Level
    I'm really impressed with Devon Bailey. Coombs will need to develop rather well in order to justify our draft selection.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Big win by the Argos. To finish in first I believe that Toronto will need to go at least 5-1 over their last six and at least 4-2 to make the playoffs. This is a good start. This was a funny game in the sense that the Argos seemed to dominate for most of it but let Edmonton hang around until the end. I thought that the Argo coaching staff did a good job getting the team ready to play and made solid adjustments as the game progressed.

Interesting statistical package for today's game: http://www.cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/12779

Only one punt for the Argos which happened on their first possession and zero two and outs. Obviously, they had a very balanced attack and protected Ricky Ray extremely well. The Argos also got three sacks and good pressure on Reilly themselves. Waters was six for seven in FG attempts.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 10-04-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Emry seemed more involved in the play than in some other games and led the team with 5 tackles.
    However, the crowd looked pretty small on TV. Does anybody have the attendance?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Emry seemed more involved in the play than in some other games and led the team with 5 tackles.
    However, the crowd looked pretty small on TV. Does anybody have the attendance?
    Attendance was 16,276.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Argo ground game was an important part of this victory with both Slaton and Steele breaking runs of over 20 yards and gaining 54 and 56 yards respectively. Anthony Woodson also impressed me (unlike in his sole Argo appearance which was admittedly very limited last year) gaining 18 yards on 3 carries and 23 yards on 3 receptions. His greater bulk also seemed to add an ability to plough through defenders, something the smaller Slaton and Steele have not always displayed.
    That's two games in a row where the Argo ground game has gained more than 135 yards. If the Argos can keep up a ground game along with Ray's passing, they could be hard to beat.

Achievements:

Level
    The most pleasant surprise of the game for me was the play of Anthony Woodson. He looked good! I like his ability to quickly change direction and he his hands were very good for a guy who has caught very few passes in his career. I'd be comfortable giving him Durie's job going forward.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Happy with the 2nd half. The Argos could have easily folded their chairs after squandering the 20-7 lead and the Ricky's redzone INT, but the defense stiffened and the Eskimos shot themselves in the foot with enough penalties.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    With a 14-0 lead, the Argos refuse to do anything the easy way, giving up a TD on the return, although it sure looked like Lawrence stepped out of bounds.
    The video replay system is a joke!!
    Was plain as day that Lawrence's foot was out of bounds but the video replay crew apparently couldn't figure that out.
    Might as well scrap it!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Great game to be at once I remembered how to get there (after 48 days away I got lost downtown). Plenty of excitement and crazy happenings, lots of scoring and a tense, down-to-the-wire finish. Despite another small crowd, it was loud in there much of the time.

Ricky was solid except for the INT into double coverage. The o-line was mostly very good and did not miss King. The RBs were excellent, including Woodson who got a game ball. The lack of red-zone production was annoying -- we should have beaten them by at least 10-15 points -- but with Waters we can almost always count on three points from the 40 and in.

We put in a lot of different offensive and defensive packages -- the only guys who saw no action on O or D were Sewell, Herbert, Brown, Adjei and Gillanders. Lots of work for backup NATs: Yurichuk and Hood on D, Woodson, Robinson and Dupuis on O, and a bit for Mitchell. Bradwell and Watt rotated but neither saw a ball and I am starting to think we won't see Watt back next season. We missed Laing but our d-line got stronger as the game went on (as did the entire D). Carter did not play in the second half and did not appear to be on the bench so that is concerning.

Four more wins will pretty well guarantee first place, three more will pretty well guarantee a playoff spot and three might be enough to finish first. It would really help (obviously) if B.C. can hold on to get past the Ticats tonight but that is starting to look unlikely. Regardless, our fate is completely in our own hands.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    1. How Alex Suber couldn't tackle or push Lawrence out of bounds was a mystery to me. I'm not impressed Suber myself, would rather have Evan McCollough in the lineup.
    2. I really wanted to see what the Argos were going to do on that FG audible. I called it as a fake before to my brother as I noticed an unusual hand signal from Daley & Waters.
    3. Glad to see Woodson rush the ball a few times except all 3 times was the same play, a draw play. Would love to see him got more carries in the backfield. Slaton had a few good runs.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    1. How Alex Suber couldn't tackle or push Lawrence out of bounds was a mystery to me. I'm not impressed Suber myself, would rather have Evan McCollough in the lineup.
    Suber has been mostly unimpressive, but I'm not sure McCullough has much left. That's a position we still need to sort out IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The Argos now do the dumb and dumber penalty thing thereby contributing to an Edmonton TD.
    If you are referring to the roughing the passer call on Whiteside, there was nothing he could do when Reilly lowered his helmet, thus creating the helmet to helmet contact. Who was the PR player on the Argo sideline that drew the objectionable conduct penalty?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    If you are referring to the roughing the passer call on Whiteside, there was nothing he could do when Reilly lowered his helmet, thus creating the helmet to helmet contact. Who was the PR player on the Argo sideline that drew the objectionable conduct penalty?
    Another curious call, I predict we will be watching 2 hand touch or flag football within 5 years if this keeps up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The o-line was mostly very good and did not miss King.
    Maybe it's just me, Paul, but does the o-line not seem better with Smith in at right guard instead of King? It seems as though the o-line's best games this season have been with Smith at right guard.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Great game to be at once I remembered how to get there (after 48 days away I got lost downtown). Plenty of excitement and crazy happenings, lots of scoring and a tense, down-to-the-wire finish. Despite another small crowd, it was loud in there much of the time.

Ricky was solid except for the INT into double coverage. The o-line was mostly very good and did not miss King. The RBs were excellent, including Woodson who got a game ball. The lack of red-zone production was annoying -- we should have beaten them by at least 10-15 points -- but with Waters we can almost always count on three points from the 40 and in.

We put in a lot of different offensive and defensive packages -- the only guys who saw no action on O or D were Sewell, Herbert, Brown, Adjei and Gillanders. Lots of work for backup NATs: Yurichuk and Hood on D, Woodson, Robinson and Dupuis on O, and a bit for Mitchell. Bradwell and Watt rotated but neither saw a ball and I am starting to think we won't see Watt back next season. We missed Laing but our d-line got stronger as the game went on (as did the entire D). Carter did not play in the second half and did not appear to be on the bench so that is concerning.

Four more wins will pretty well guarantee first place, three more will pretty well guarantee a playoff spot and three might be enough to finish first. It would really help (obviously) if B.C. can hold on to get past the Ticats tonight but that is starting to look unlikely. Regardless, our fate is completely in our own hands.
    Argonauts will need to raise their game this week, Hamilton's defence has looked formidable in the last 2-3 weeks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argonauts will need to raise their game this week, Hamilton's defence has looked formidable in the last 2-3 weeks.
    They have but I also think that they haven't been tested as they will be on Friday night. They beat the Argos when the entire receiving corps, save for Barnes, was out, Saskatchewan without Durant and B.C. whose offence has gone AWOL with several injuries and ineffective play by Kevin Glenn. Their most impressive recent win was over Edmonton but let's see how they do against an Argo offence that should be much more formidable than anything that the Ticats have faced in the last few weeks.

Achievements:

Level
    The o-line was mostly very good and did not miss King.
    Agreed - if Smith was a liability it certainly wasn't obvious on TV.