Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Also regarding the turn around in Ottawa, if they were to have plopped another team in old Frank Clair (had it not needed to be partially ripped down that is), and that's all they did, ala the Renegades, I don't think it would matter who owned the team. But with the new revamped stadium, but way more importantly what they did AROUND the stadium is a huge factor in the turn around. I've unfortunately yet to go there on game day, but its impressive at lunch time, in January, on a Tuesday, so I could only imagine what its like on game day. What they did there was completely amazing. When I was last in Ottawa in 2006 it was empty pavement. And if the ownership group had anything to do with that, props to them.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Also regarding the turn around in Ottawa, if they were to have plopped another team in old Frank Clair (had it not needed to be partially ripped down that is), and that's all they did, ala the Renegades, I don't think it would matter who owned the team. But with the new revamped stadium, but way more importantly what they did AROUND the stadium is a huge factor in the turn around. I've unfortunately yet to go there on game day, but its impressive at lunch time, in January, on a Tuesday, so I could only imagine what its like on game day. What they did there was completely amazing. When I was last in Ottawa in 2006 it was empty pavement. And if the ownership group had anything to do with that, props to them.
    It has transformed the area significantly. The Friends of Lansdowne must be crying in their Birkenstocks.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Like everything else in the RedBlacks' story, Jeff Hunt had EVERYTHING to do with the redevelopment of Landsdowne Park. Frank Clair Stafium, Ottawa 67s rink and residential and commercial development. Smart operator! I say Toronto scours Newfoundland for his twin brother?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Co...051/story.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Like everything else in the RedBlacks' story, Jeff Hunt had EVERYTHING to do with the redevelopment of Landsdowne Park. Frank Clair Stafium, Ottawa 67s rink and residential and commercial development. Smart operator! I say Toronto scours Newfoundland for his twin brother?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Co...051/story.html
    It also didn't help the Toronto Argonauts that the perception of the club between 1989 and 2015 was that they were the red-headed step child playing at the baseball stadium that was built for the Blue Jays. Yah, there were a few big crowds there, but the Skydome never felt like the home of the Argos. From the horrible sightlines on many sections to the cavernous concourses, the Blue Jay signs and banners, to even the Buffalo Bills banners for several seasons. Thank God they are out of there.

Toronto sports fans have been a little spoiled with the shopping mall atmosphere at the dome, but if there was anything positive about the Argo season last year, it was the atmosphere of the crowd at many of the games, even if we do wished the numbers were higher at BMO. It was a nice place to be on most days, and it kept me staying even if the Argos were stinking up the joint on the field. With a better product, which will not be difficult to improve on, the numbers will gradually get better.

My only concern is the Argos not addressing some inflated pricing in several sections, which is evident when you see where season ticket packages have been sold. I'm not saying 55 yd line lower tier seats should be lowered in price, but maybe some upper level seating prices in the 25-35 yd lines should be.