Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos statement Regarding Remaining 2015 Home Games
    Toronto Argonauts Executive Chairman & CEO, Chris Rudge announced today that the club’s remaining 2015 home games will be played at Rogers Centre.
    Commented Rudge, “Rogers Centre officials have informed us that the stadium will be available for all of our remaining home games in 2015. Therefore we will play both remaining regular season games, Friday, October 30 vs B.C. at 7:00 p.m. ET and Friday, November 6 vs Winnipeg at 7:30 p.m. ET, at Rogers Centre as originally scheduled. In the event that we should host a home playoff game then that too would be played at Rogers Centre.
    We would like to thank our fans for their patience during what has been a very unusual circumstance, especially those who travelled with us as we played home games in Ottawa and Hamilton. As promised, fans whose ticket packages included games that were displaced on October 6, October 17 and October 23 will now be fully reimbursed. We would also like to congratulate the Toronto Blue Jays for a tremendous postseason run that captured the imagination of the country.
    Our team has already earned a spot in the 103rd Grey Cup Playoffs and our final two regular season games will be crucial in determining where we will finish within the East Division. We invite all Toronto sports fans to join us at Rogers Centre over the coming weeks. Your passion for this city will help us recreate the energized environment we all witnessed for the Jays and give us the best chance at securing a home playoff date.”*

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Argos statement Regarding Remaining 2015 Home Games
    Toronto Argonauts Executive Chairman & CEO, Chris Rudge announced today that the club’s remaining 2015 home games will be played at Rogers Centre.
    Commented Rudge, “Rogers Centre officials have informed us that the stadium will be available for all of our remaining home games in 2015. Therefore we will play both remaining regular season games, Friday, October 30 vs B.C. at 7:00 p.m. ET and Friday, November 6 vs Winnipeg at 7:30 p.m. ET, at Rogers Centre as originally scheduled. In the event that we should host a home playoff game then that too would be played at Rogers Centre.
    We would like to thank our fans for their patience during what has been a very unusual circumstance, especially those who travelled with us as we played home games in Ottawa and Hamilton. As promised, fans whose ticket packages included games that were displaced on October 6, October 17 and October 23 will now be fully reimbursed. We would also like to congratulate the Toronto Blue Jays for a tremendous postseason run that captured the imagination of the country.
    Our team has already earned a spot in the 103rd Grey Cup Playoffs and our final two regular season games will be crucial in determining where we will finish within the East Division. We invite all Toronto sports fans to join us at Rogers Centre over the coming weeks. Your passion for this city will help us recreate the energized environment we all witnessed for the Jays and give us the best chance at securing a home playoff date.”*
    Send that message to the Toronto media, not Argos fans. They have no idea this team is even still playing since August.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Send that message to the Toronto media, not Argos fans. They have no idea this team is even still playing since August.
    Just saw a story on the Argonauts on CTV News.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Just saw a story on the Argonauts on CTV News.
    I was pleasantly surprised when CTV Toronto started their sports report on Sunday night with Ricky Ray being named the starter for the game against BC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Glad to see some Argo news on CTV, but having seen the news as well I found it sad that during a segment talking about how now that the Jays were done the focus for Toronto sports fans were TFC due to being in the playoffs for the first time ever, the Raps and how expectations are that they will make the playoffs again and of course the Leafs who even when they're losing should always be in the conversation, yet no mention of the Argos making the playoffs after missing it last year. What that says to me is that the Leafs, Blue Jays, Raps and TFC are the only teams that really matter, teams like the Marlies, Rock and Argonauts are just in the background.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Glad to see some Argo news on CTV, but having seen the news as well I found it sad that during a segment talking about how now that the Jays were done the focus for Toronto sports fans were TFC due to being in the playoffs for the first time ever, the Raps and how expectations are that they will make the playoffs again and of course the Leafs who even when they're losing should always be in the conversation, yet no mention of the Argos making the playoffs after missing it last year. What that says to me is that the Leafs, Blue Jays, Raps and TFC are the only teams that really matter, teams like the Marlies, Rock and Argonauts are just in the background.
    With only three home games so far this season and none since early September the Argos are far out of the public consciousness in Toronto. Hopefully they can get back into it before the season is over but it will certainly be a challenge.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    What that says to me is that the Leafs, Blue Jays, Raps and TFC are the only teams that really matter, teams like the Marlies, Rock and Argonauts are just in the background.
    Gotta face facts. It's hard to be perceived as worth giving a damn about when you only get 3000 fans out to a game in Hamilton ... and 2000 of them are Cats fans. It's hard to complain when the team can't fill Varsity for a preseason game.

Now assuming a stadium issue forced the other teams to play game elsewhere (say some structural failure at the ACC or Skydome that takes a month to fix)

If the Leafs played at Copps? Full house.

If the Raptors played at Copps? 12K+

If the Jays are forced to Pilot Field in Buffalo? Full house.

With plenty of Toronto fans making the trek down the road to attend. So if even Argo fans can't be bothered to go down to Hamilton on a Saturday ... then why should the media treat them as relevant right now?

But that changes next season as for the first time since the 90's, the team will have ownership that's connected and seen as the sport elite in the city. That's why I left TFC out of the above comparison until now.

TFC forced to play at THF? Well more fans that the Argos would make the trek but nowhere near a full house. But the media would treat it better just based on who the owners are. And that matters in any big city. Case in point. MLSE will not own the team next season but the casual fan and media will think they do. Only the hardcore fan that follows everything will know it's only Bell and Tanny and not MLSE owning it.

As my casual sports fan neighbour said a while ago. "If Rogers hates the Argos so much and gives them such a sh+t schedule ... why don't they just sell the team already." He was happy when Rogers sold the team to MLSE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    As my casual sports fan neighbour said a while ago. "If Rogers hates the Argos so much and gives them such a sh+t schedule ... why don't they just sell the team already." He was happy when Rogers sold the team to MLSE.
    LMFAO.

I've said many times before that the majority of ticket buying sports fans are of the casual variety and don't really have too much knowledge of the actual ins and outs of the teams. Your neighbour is in the majority IMO.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Basically the majority of people are morons!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Basically the majority of people are morons!
    MORON?..."Im More ON than off"...

I think we all think "the other guy" is a moron when we compare them to #1, hahahaha
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Just don't understand where you coming from snowrogue why should the media give a damn for the franchise when the actual owner can't even be bothered to show up to a Argo game. When we have guys working in the Argos office tweeting about blue jays and nfl stuff and nothing Argos why should the media care?When we have a CEO who talks that he can't sell tickets in Toronto because people in Toronto likes things that are "big time" why should the media care for this team? When the team Averages 3,000 and change for each of the last two games in Hamilton why should the media care for this team? When this team can only generate 3,000 or so season tickets why should the media care for this team? I think you have to do a little better job of opening your eyes snowrogue to the activities that are going around this franchise to realize what is going on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:

Level
    There is plenty of blame to go around here. Media, Rogers, Ownership, a City that really shouldn't need to be bribed to come out and support a team that just gave it a historic championship. Hard core Argo fans which are on this site don't need to be fighting amongst ourselves. We should focus on our team, their play and how they can become relevant sgain
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Ii
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    What???

Rogers has never owned the Argos, and therefore hasn't sold them to MLSE.

???

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    There is plenty of blame to go around here. Media, Rogers, Ownership, a City that really shouldn't need to be bribed to come out and support a team that just gave it a historic championship. Hard core Argo fans which are on this site don't need to be fighting amongst ourselves. We should focus on our team, their play and how they can become relevant sgain
    Yes agree with you 100% scooter this team right now only has there small hard core fans that are behind them right now. We know the media,management,presidents,CEOs,city could care less for this football team. But I just wish that we fans could really wake up and put more pressure to how this team is run. Look there isn't a bigger fan of disliking Rogers then myself and I will be leading the cheers of "Rogers sucks" the next two home games! but there comes a time when the people who run and own this franchise has to treat the football team as a professional team and not some Micky mouse operation where the owner looks to spend as little money as possible and try to hit the jackpot with hosting a grey cup. We need competent people running this team I do hope we get to see some of that in the future.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Ii

What???

Rogers has never owned the Argos, and therefore hasn't sold them to MLSE.

???
    That was the point. Casual fans, which are the majority of ticket buyers, have no clue about this type of stuff.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Yes agree with you 100% scooter this team right now only has there small hard core fans that are behind them right now. We know the media,management,presidents,CEOs,city could care less for this football team. But I just wish that we fans could really wake up and put more pressure to how this team is run. Look there isn't a bigger fan of disliking Rogers then myself and I will be leading the cheers of "Rogers sucks" the next two home games! but there comes a time when the people who run and own this franchise has to treat the football team as a professional team and not some Micky mouse operation where the owner looks to spend as little money as possible and try to hit the jackpot with hosting a grey cup. We need competent people running this team I do hope we get to see some of that in the future.
    The new ownership appear to have installed good business and football people from Cohon's staff to run the Argos. I am sure they are motivated and ready to go. As fans it is our duty to let them know what we want and what we need in order to see the franchise succeed. Most importantly we need long term, committed ownership and not the get the Grey Cup and bail types we have had for decades. I hope that is what we have now. Bell should be long term because they need the content.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    That was the point. Casual fans, which are the majority of ticket buyers, have no clue about this type of stuff.
    Holy crap!!!

That provides a new low in the definition of "casual fan" for me!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Holy crap!!!

That provides a new low in the definition of "casual fan" for me!
    The casual fan is blissfully unaware of what is going on behind all of the teams. They gobble up what the media feed them. The media feeds them nothing about the Argos, and feeds them Jays mania for 3 straight months and whips them into a frenzy. Most have no clue how few home games the argos have or where they will be playing next year.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    The new ownership appear to have installed good business and football people from Cohon's staff to run the Argos. I am sure they are motivated and ready to go. As fans it is our duty to let them know what we want and what we need in order to see the franchise succeed. Most importantly we need long term, committed ownership and not the get the Grey Cup and bail types we have had for decades. I hope that is what we have now. Bell should be long term because they need the content.
    Well said scooter! I do hope we have the right people to run this franchise going forward I just a little suprised that these guys decided to not get anything involved with marketing for bmo field this year. To have some Argos sales staff at game days pushing for season tickets to showing pictures of how bmo field will look and what ticket prices will be or any of this type of stuff. I just think this team is in major trouble with getting any type of attention come January and on. They need to get some sort of momentum going forward which I don't see none of. I remember when c&s owned the team few years back when they were going to move to bmo field there was a lot of people talking in the city of the move and people were generally excited for a move like that to happen. But now it just seems that a very small hardcore fan base is excited and no one else in the city.

Not sure how much bell is committed to all of this I remember when tsn owned them to a few years back and they did almost as bad as a job as the current regime has done with the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    So it looks like there will be no Argonauts home playoff game. That ticket was included in this year's season ticket package as part of the make up for the game in Fort McMurray. So that means that season ticket holders will be getting refunds for 4 of the 9 games (not counting the pre-season game) that were included in the season ticket package.

* I spoke to my Ticket Representative and he said that they will begin processing refunds after Fridays game.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 11-02-2015 at 07:56 AM.