Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
Prediction:
ricky ray goes 20 for 24 for 121 yards ... captain check-down is playing his favourite type of defence to make its stats look great and team loses. Argos lose in yet another on the wet coast .... look for a ton of 4 yard receptions. Lions 33 argo 10
Ray is a damn good quarterback, and yes, he uses the check down process, but many quarterbacks in the CFL are not good enough at checking down to get the job done. Not every check down process results in a check down ( last resort) completion.
I don't know enough of the Argo offence to know how many 'reads' Ray is designed to take on each play -- do you know ? It may be that some plays are designed to go to the check down receiver after only one or two reads - compensates for ineffective blocking, or takes advantage of motion or ??
What is "his favorite type of defence " ? -- A QB who is good at the check-down process plays best against man coverage - I doubt the Lions will play mostly man coverage.
All that said, I'd rather have a "four yard reception" than a sack.
It's improving every week, but it's not there yet - give it a chance!
Prediction: Lions 19 Argos 17 -- sorry it's the defending GC champs in their house.