Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
I agree with you, but as you know Forbes puts out their list of most valuable NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB teams for example. Most of those teams aren't for sale. You can put a value on something that isn't for sale, even if its just speculation, just like argotom's "the team has got to be worth way north of $100M", which is just speculation. But I would assume the organization itself has a number of their perceived value of their team's worth, based upon assets, revenue etc, and I was wondering that since its a community owned entity that that value might have to made public.
I very much doubt the organization has anything more than directors shooting the breeze about it. Since the franchise is not for sale or really even sellable, what would be the point of paying an accountant to come up with a theoretical number? And even if they do have one, I can't see why it would be required to be released just because it's community owned. Unless the ownership agreement required that every piece of info held by the org be made public, which I'm sure it doesn't.