Whoops sorry meant "fixed"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by halifaxguy View Post
    Not one player slipped today, they must have figured out the right cleats to wear. If the MLSE brass was out to observe they may have found the solution.
    I saw Travis Lulay slip three times in Ottawa last night and that was in the field of play not in the end zone.
    On the Harris run in for a TD one of the Argos D linemen fell face first (I think it was Laing) and you could see that his feet were in the end zone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The Harris TD is yet another glaring example of the turf issue. Harris just strolled over Laing who blew both tires due to the footing. End zone turf Karma for the TD we prevented against Edmonton, I guess. Receiver slipped and we intercepted...
    Last edited by Joe Barnes; 07-22-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argos attendance is really concerning. If MLSE hadn't bought the team I'd be concerned about the future of the team. I'm not at that point now but 10k is not good. I know Winnipeg is a poor draw in T.O. but they somehow got to do better. I never once thought BMO would be tougher to draw fans than the Dome.

New Fan
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian45 View Post
    Argos attendance is really concerning. If MLSE hadn't bought the team I'd be concerned about the future of the team. I'm not at that point now but 10k is not good. I know Winnipeg is a poor draw in T.O. but they somehow got to do better. I never once thought BMO would be tougher to draw fans than the Dome.
    It would be great for the CFL to create more labour day-like events, so maybe try for a T.O. Canada Day game.
    I also think the ticket strategy of CFL teams in the bigger centres has to follow leagues like the AHL -aim for corporate and community groups, particularly youth. And maybe MLSE can position the Argos as a centre for their corporate sponsorships and work to align the team with big events - so rig-up the schedule and position the Argos game as a showcase venue for partnerships with major events like Pride, Jazz Festival or Caribbean Carnival. MLSE is already dropping $$$ to sponsor these events, leverage that investment where its needed most.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    50/50 money is for non professional sport. So lets use it this way. Just a thought.

Offer a $5000 - $10,000 draw each game to one of the teams in attendance. Draw the teams name and give the money to their organization. I am sure it could build into something. Wouldn't take too many teams, family and friends to pickup 1000 - 2000 more in attendance. Maybe the winning team also gets some Argo stuff. Our banks make so much money off of us couldn't they sponsor something like this or just give the money to the government - thats a better solution

Teams need to make sure there are discounted tickets available to the area teams. Be sure to welcome each one. Could do this league wide.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    50/50 money is for non professional sport. So lets use it this way. Just a thought.

Offer a $5000 - $10,000 draw each game to one of the teams in attendance. Draw the teams name and give the money to their organization. I am sure it could build into something. Wouldn't take too many teams, family and friends to pickup 1000 - 2000 more in attendance. Maybe the winning team also gets some Argo stuff. Our banks make so much money off of us couldn't they sponsor something like this or just give the money to the government - thats a better solution

Teams need to make sure there are discounted tickets available to the area teams. Be sure to welcome each one. Could do this league wide.
    IIRC tickets start at $20 now. Not sure how much more you can discount them?

Banned
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    just for comparison
    1991 east final @ dome
    just look at the 47,000 fans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCXrLdBWu7E
    ----------
    2012 grey cup
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cojyWbTJE9M
    ----------

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    How illuminating. Thanks, macspectrum.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    just to go back to the dome issue
    how did u.s. based teams handle playoffs w/ a shared facility ?
    cannot argos just 'away' games while baseball playoffs are on ?
    [i do recognize that baseball playoffs did not have a wild card game and i think lds series was 2 out of 3]
    may not be a great solution but better than illegal 17yd endzones and 1 endzone with a completely different surface than the field and this has already caused game issues
    very bush league field
    Last edited by macspectrum; 07-31-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by macspectrum View Post
    [i do recognize that baseball playoffs did not have a wild card game and i think lds series was 2 out of 3]
    may not be a great solution but better than illegal 17yd endzones and 1 endzone with a completely different surface than the field and this has already caused game issues
    How do US based teams handle it? They don't.

Baseball and football teams play in different venues now. Oakland is the only place where they share a building and the Raiders are moving to Vegas to end those arrangements.

The only other places where a football team shares with another sport is NFL/CFL sharing with MLS. New England, Seattle, Vancouver and Atlanta all use turf. Not advocating that's what should be done at BMO but the sun seems to rise each morning in those locales.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    WTF ?
    Are you actually saying that losing homes games at the dome is better than the Argos current situation at BMO ?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=R.J;130446]WTF ?
    Are you actually saying that losing homes games at the dome is better than the Argos current situation at BMO ?[/QUOTE

i am saying that skydome is a better venue [more legal] gives the argos more room to sell/give away tix - a 45k skydome rocks !
    bmo field is amateurish for cfl football

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    [QUOTE=macspectrum;130462]
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    WTF ?
    Are you actually saying that losing homes games at the dome is better than the Argos current situation at BMO ?[/QUOTE

i am saying that skydome is a better venue [more legal] gives the argos more room to sell/give away tix - a 45k skydome rocks !
    Look BMO Field isn't perfect but the Rogers Centre is a baseball stadium that simply doesn't work well for football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am saying that skydome is a better venue [more legal] gives the argos more room to sell/give away tix - a 45k skydome rocks !
    Skydome a better venue ? SMH

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    How do US based teams handle it? They don't.

Baseball and football teams play in different venues now. Oakland is the only place where they share a building and the Raiders are moving to Vegas to end those arrangements.

The only other places where a football team shares with another sport is NFL/CFL sharing with MLS. New England, Seattle, Vancouver and Atlanta all use turf. Not advocating that's what should be done at BMO but the sun seems to rise each morning in those locales.
    so when the a's did make the baseball playoffs, what did they do with the raiders ?
    and some cities did indeed have shared facility - what was done ?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Skydome a better venue ? SMH
    when was the last time argos had 10k [even tho' i heard it was closer to 9k] at skydome ?

oh and i have seen many football games at skydome
    once i was in a box to watch argos as a guest of cfny radio and won tickets to 'peg to watch argos
    i got dressed up head to toe in argo clothes and had many 'peg fans hating on me
    [argo coach jacket, argo touque, argo t shirt, argo sweat pants ]
    lots of fun
    argos did lose on the VERY LAST play game
    ------
    and night b4 we watched gm 6 of '92 jays in atlanta on tv in a bar w/ humble and fred [who bought us beers all night] - there were several winner from the box at skydome
    i remember fred being very nervous and especially testy at end of game - even told humble howard to 'f#ck off'
    i pasted k's to tv for each strikeout jays starting pitcher got
    [i was asked by a local 'pegger as to what i was doing and i explained my self]
    i remember calling and getting t shirts the same night as jays won WS
    ----
    we even had deal from pilot of jet to broadcast updates as he could get scores for gm 7 in the cockpit
    luckily there was no need to enforce that deal
    Last edited by macspectrum; 07-31-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    so when the a's did make the baseball playoffs, what did they do with the raiders ?
    and some cities did indeed have shared facility - what was done ?
    During that era when most teams shared the facility, the baseball playoffs only had 2 rounds and who had home field advantage wasn't based on regular season standings. For example NL winner would get home field in the world series on even years and AL winners would get it in odd years. Even the LCS had rotation back then. In the AL, east winner would get home field advantage in odd years and west winner would get it in even years. The NL would do the opposite and of course there were no central winners or wild cards.

In this case it was easy for the NFL to schedule around it since they would know which venues wouldn't host games. This made things easier for the Argos back then and even the Als when they shared the Big O with the Expos. Today the Raiders have to have a light home schedule in October

Today sports teams control venues more to ensure they have flexibility with the schedule. Teams that share more now are NHL and NBA teams. They can pull it of because they play on a surface that's easy to change in less than a day's notice!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    During that era when most teams shared the facility, the baseball playoffs only had 2 rounds and who had home field advantage wasn't based on regular season standings. For example NL winner would get home field in the world series on even years and AL winners would get it in odd years. Even the LCS had rotation back then. In the AL, east winner would get home field advantage in odd years and west winner would get it in even years. The NL would do the opposite and of course there were no central winners or wild cards.

In this case it was easy for the NFL to schedule around it since they would know which venues wouldn't host games. This made things easier for the Argos back then and even the Als when they shared the Big O with the Expos. Today the Raiders have to have a light home schedule in October

Today sports teams control venues more to ensure they have flexibility with the schedule. Teams that share more now are NHL and NBA teams. They can pull it of because they play on a surface that's easy to change in less than a day's notice!
    thanks for the info

now that argos are partially owned by rogers - can bluejays somehow play nice w/ argos ? in today's age when do potential baseball playoffs [including wild card game] start and when is last ws game ? -
    all of october ?
    can argo schedule be such as to have 1 bye week and then play only away games for october ??
    certainly i dont want to see argos play home games in ft mcmurray
    i still believe skydome was much more a 'destination venue' w/ great restaurants on the doorstep
    as oppose to bmo field with illegal endzones and 1 endzone with a different surface and i still cannot believe ambroise said ok to this nonsense
    i guess this is waht u get from a corporate lackey
    wally buono would have made for a much better commish, he would kiss so much corporate a$$
    buono has exp as a player, coach and mgr - he should have been rewarded

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Another 50% off of tickets promo being sent to me --- good thing I bought ST that cost me more exponentially more than that......no worries I will be sure not to buy ST again next year and pay far less on a game by game basis for my lack of up front "loyalty".....