Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well, Thigpen was held in check, Duron (NFL better be watching me) Carter and most of the Rider offence was just no match for a staunch Argo Defence. Ray came through when he had to. Refs called a good game.

Toronto Conspiracy Theories are getting predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Best part might have been the loud Argoooos chant in the go station waiting for the train.
    Awesome game. Mistakes will happen, (our fumbles and dropped passes etc.) but give credit to Riders for shutting down our running backs for most of the game and for never giving up. Huge props to the defence for coming through big time. I agree that the punt return for a TD was actually a blessing because it gave us the chance to take it down and win..... and we did. That is what championship calibre teams do. They battle through adversity and come through when it is absolutely critical. So proud of this team. Can't wait to see them in the Grey Cup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Rider and Rod Pedersen paranoia runs deep.
    http://3downnation.com/2017/11/19/ri...o-in-grey-cup/

The best part is Ridernation figured they would waltz through the East to get to the Grey Cup, guess that’s why they actually play the games.
    Argos win fair and square and all of the sudden it is the league pulling strings to get them to the Grey Cup?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

New Fan
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    What a game at BMO tonight. So proud of all the Argos fans who made so much noise tonight, and helped propel the Boatmen to victory.
    thoughts on the game:
    Ricky Ray is clutch - that is all that needs to be said.
    Pass rush was deadly in the first half.
    Wilder made the big catch when it counted.

Overall, a good game, but I left feeling like we've got a better one in us for next Sunday. Need to be better to beat Calgary, but in Trestman we trust!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Despite his fumble, Coombs had a very good game catching 9 passes for 77 yards and often extending drives.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The best part is Ridernation figured they would waltz through the East to get to the Grey Cup
    Who cares what Saskatchewan fans thought? It's championship time!

Calgary made us look pretty bad this year, but we've improved since August.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Amazing game! Not the best display of football ever but a suspenseful game nonetheless. The D was on point and Ray once again shows he can get it done. Great crowd at the game, too. There was a strong presence of Rider fans but it was no doubt our house for the entire game.

I am not too worried about the team heading into the Grey Cup game, because a lot of mistakes the players made today just shouldn't happen. The big game is always a roll of the dice anyway.

Good to see a crowd of that size at BMO for the Argos. No one can argue that wasn't an intense pro football atmosphere. As others on this board have said, hopefully the organization can build on it moving forward. Whatever happens from now I am optimistic about the team overall going into next season.

Enjoy the win and the great crowd tonight, Argo fans! Remember this night! Your loyalty and dedication paid off! You deserve it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well, Thigpen was held in check, Duron (NFL better be watching me) Carter and most of the Rider offence was just no match for a staunch Argo Defence. Ray came through when he had to. Refs called a good game.

Toronto Conspiracy Theories are getting predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Great game, great atmosphere, great result. Best part might have been the loud Argoooos chant in the go station waiting for the train.
    Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Amazing game! Not the best display of football ever but a suspenseful game nonetheless. The D was on point and Ray once again shows he can get it done. Great crowd at the game, too. There was a strong presence of Rider fans but it was no doubt our house for the entire game.

I am not too worried about the team heading into the Grey Cup game, because a lot of mistakes the players made today just shouldn't happen. The big game is always a roll of the dice anyway.

Good to see a crowd of that size at BMO for the Argos. No one can argue that wasn't an intense pro football atmosphere. As others on this board have said, hopefully the organization can build on it moving forward. Whatever happens from now I am optimistic about the team overall going into next season.

Enjoy the win and the great crowd tonight, Argo fans! Remember this night! Your loyalty and dedication paid off! You deserve it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...final-victory/ Great article sums up what we are getting at.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Wow what a game! Sat on the east side for the first time...man the wind never let up.
    Was losing hope as the offence didn't take advantage of the wind in the 3rd, but the D held and Ray came through in the end.
    Rod Pedersen can suck an egg! There was a hold on the punt return for the riders that wasn't called. So forget the conspiracy.

And maybe the media should actually attend the game...good mix of fans. Not all 50 year old guys!!!
    Tailgate was packed...lines were too long!!! lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    My favourite moment of this game: A minute-ish to go. Argos on the Sask one yard line. Fajardo setting up under centre...and not one person in all of BMO Field was sitting. Fans in Double Blue, Green and White...no matter. Tension to cut with a knife...and the noise!

There is no better moment in all of sports. Happily for Toronto, it went our way. A gutsy victory. A victory steeped in character. And this moment may well be a transitional one for the Argos in Toronto. What a brilliant ending to an amazing day!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Great comeback

Man - very cold in the second half - both due to wind chill and our offence. Thankfully, Ricky was calm in the 2 minute drive to move us down field. Was glad we were stopped inside 2 yard line and use 2 runs t9 run more time off the clock.

I too was nervous that we forced Glenn out of the game - initially (3rd quarter) we held Bridge under control.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    My moment of the game (and perhaps the entirety of my five years watching the team) was going for it on third-and-five. You've got a 42-yard kick into a difficult wind to tie it. My risk averse mind was saying go for that. But they didn't. They gambled and they converted. It was as good a moment of sport as I've ever had the pleasure to witness.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Great come back by Ricky again, especially after the timely call of no end to negate Wilder's run.

Had to miss this game as was travelling down south, but finally got TSN 1150 working on my phone for most of the second half. Hoagie and JJ got excited like everybody else on that last drive. lol
    Glad I've got the game recorded to watch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...final-victory/ Great article sums up what we are getting at.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    This game was an emotional roller coaster for me personally. When Jones returned the punt for a TD, I thought it was over and I just felt so down. Great composure from Ray and the entire offence on that last drive. No matter what happens next week, I seriously hope Ricky Ray never again gets bashed by anyone that calls themselves an Argos fan.

Defence was lights out IMO. Bridge was almost a hero again today, but truth be told, he had 1 big drive.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    This game was an emotional roller coaster for me personally. When Jones returned the punt for a TD, I thought it was over and I just felt so down. Great composure from Ray and the entire offence on that last drive. No matter what happens next week, I seriously hope Ricky Ray never again gets bashed by anyone that calls themselves an Argos fan.

Defence was lights out IMO. Bridge was almost a hero again today, but truth be told, he had 1 big drive.
    AV, as usual, nails it here. It was amazing that the offence put it together for that final game-winning drive after not moving the ball after the first possession of the third quarter. When they started moving it on that final drive, I felt that they needed a TD to win rather than simply the game-tying FG, given how much trouble they had moving the ball for large chunks of this game. I didn't feel confident that they would win in OT so I was happy as hell that they scored the TD on that possession.

It may not have been the prettiest game but it was a gutsy effort and, as mentioned earlier in the thread, overcoming adversity is a must to become a championship team. The late game heroics today against a stiff wind when all looked to be lost was the mark of a championship team. I expect that the Argos will play very well next week in Ottawa.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Such a great game by the defence and good enough by the offence. Both TD drives were set against the wind. They need to be better next week and I think they will. The Argos will be the underdog but you just never know. So proud of this team!

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I too didn't like the Argos' prospects when Jones returned that punt. The Saskatchewan defence had been playing very well that entire 2nd half. But, Ricky Ray proved to capable to the task and voila the Argos are in the Grey Cup.

I would like to highlight the play of Shawn Lemon who had 3 QB sacks! What a great performance by the defence overall.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Similar thoughts to others, that punt return was it I figured, I was down. I couldn’t believe they blew that big of a lead.

As much as I hate not holding the lead and coasting to victory, this type of conclusion is infinitely more exciting. I think that third down toss to wilder will rank up there as biggest plays of the season, I could barely watch.

Fun atmosphere too, kinda put to bed the whole “rider home game” narrative didn’t it??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Similar thoughts to others, that punt return was it I figured, I was down. I couldn’t believe they blew that big of a lead.

As much as I hate not holding the lead and coasting to victory, this type of conclusion is infinitely more exciting. I think that third down toss to wilder will rank up there as biggest plays of the season, I could barely watch.

Fun atmosphere too, kinda put to bed the whole “rider home game” narrative didn’t it??
    I noticed on TV the stadium was loud when Ricky was calling plays....how many Rider fans were in attendance approximately?