Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    T-bone talked TFC only. He'd pick and pick and pick at other posters by dragging comments back from years ago. He wanted to cause grief. It's been Great on here since he's been gone.
    X2

New Fan
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I have no quarrel with TFC or their fans, but IMO it is absurd to suggest that TFC has done better at developing homegrown stars. The Argos have tons of guys from the GTA on their roster, including some genuine stars, and that has been the case going back at least to 2012. Is there a kid developed in Toronto who is as important to TFC as Durie, Foley and Gabriel have been to the Argos?
    Besides already mentioning Jordan Hamilton, Osorio has played 100 games for TFC and Jay Chapman and Mo Balbouli are contributing a lot his year. Raheem Edwards is also set to become their next big star considering he just signed a first team contract.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I've at least heard of Osorio. If the other guys become stars, that's great. I just don't accept that they are in position to do more than Argos to develop homegrown stars, apart from the entry point itself which clearly allows TFC to develop players itself from a young age.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Are you new to CFL football and/or the Argos?
    Yes, Macksam is a TFC guy on the soccer sites, but after some initial trolling about the CFL he seems to have settled into a "learn more" mode.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    despite the fact he is also a TFC fan and he rubbed some posters the wrong way.
    Generally doing that on purpose and going out of your way to do it is a pretty good reason to be banned.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    The Argos have tons of guys from the GTA on their roster, including some genuine stars, and that has been the case going back at least to 2012. Is there a kid developed in Toronto who is as important to TFC as Durie, Foley and Gabriel have been to the Argos?
    You know you've accomplished something when you become a type. Coaches constantly hope to get an "Andre Durie type". One of the biggest shames in the CFL, aside from the ill fated career of Jesse Lumsden has been the injury marred career of Andre Durie. After miraculously recovering from a thought to be career ending injury (even before he started) he has still managed to forge a decent career, non withstanding the numerous setbacks.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    I've at least heard of Osorio. If the other guys become stars, that's great. I just don't accept that they are in position to do more than Argos to develop homegrown stars, apart from the entry point itself which clearly allows TFC to develop players itself from a young age.
    Until MLS accepts Canadian players as homegrown across the league (like the old NASL) you won't see a great influx of Canadian stars. How many years have the teams been in existence and I can't think of one who has been all star material or even a perennial guaranteed starter. Dero doesn't count as he came beforehand and wasn't part of the academies' setup. In nine years of MLS in Canada there hasn't been a developed Canadian star AFAIK. The old NASL had lots.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Until MLS accepts Canadian players as homegrown across the league (like the old NASL) you won't see a great influx of Canadian stars. How many years have the teams been in existence and I can't think of one who has been all star material or even a perennial guaranteed starter. Dero doesn't count as he came beforehand and wasn't part of the academies' setup. In nine years of MLS in Canada there hasn't been a developed Canadian star AFAIK. The old NASL had lots.
    And probably a good reason Canada qualified for the world cup in '86..even if they zero success in the tourney.

And I did not realize T-Bone had been banned but if so, I feel that decision should be overturned. He contributed a lot to the forum despite the fact he is also a TFC fan and he rubbed some posters the wrong way.
    Without going into too much detail, I am going to have to disagree with you Paul. Will is not an idiot. If he banned him, he had good reason to do so.

I can tell you that I received many harassing PM's from him, and I'm not the only one that did. He did a very good job of making people on here believe he was the victim.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Achievements:
    31 days registered

Level
    AFAIK? Yes, because your knowledge is clearly limited on the subject matter at hand.

1) The clubs in the old NASL never had academies where they developed players. They drafted players from the Canadian University system and the old National Soccer League, which had teams across the golden horseshoe like Toronto Italia, Hamilton Croatia and Serbian White Eagles. It was not unlike how the NHL drafts players from the CHL.

2) Osorio is a starter for TFC and Kyle Larin (who does play for Orlando granted) won the rookie of the year last year.

3) TFC has been in existence for 9 years, which I admit is pretty long. However, players weren't going to be developed en masse right away. It generally takes about 10 years or so for a soccer development system to actually bear fruit from the time it's set up. After Germany restructured its approach to youth development in 2000, the country's stars started to emerge around 2010 and after with the influx of Mesuit Ozil, Thomas Muller, Mario Gotze, Marco Reus into the national team's mix.

Now, TFC's development system for example is still constantly evolving with the advent of TFC 2 and other age groups being added to the academy. However, even with at in mind, the team has some budding stars in Jordan Hamilton, who has the potential to become the best striker in the league and Raheem Edwards, who is another offensive star that recently signed a senior contract. Vancouver itself signed a 15 year old kid from Edmonton named Alfonso Davies that tore it up with the first team appearances he's made so far.

4) MLS not accepting Canadians as domestics across the league is unfortunate. However, that really only limits the number of Canadian journeyman that will be in the league. If a Canadian is good enough, if he's a star, he'll get a contract regardless. We're starting to see a lot of them emerge in the league. It will only get better as the development system continues to evolve further.
    Last edited by Macksam; 07-25-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Osorio is a starter for TFC and Kyle Larin (who does play for Orlando granted) won the rookie of the year last year.
    Another 20 something preaching about the glorious future of MLS in ten years and another ten years and another ten years. Osorio can't even make the national team as the coach doesn't rate him and pardon me for forgetting Cyle (note the spelling) Larin whose NT appearances have been forgettable. But in ten years...

One player, (Larin) who has made an Impact (pardon the expression) wow!

New Fan
    Achievements:
    31 days registered

Level
    Another 20 something preaching about the glorious future of MLS in ten years and another ten years and another ten years. Osorio can't even make the national team as the coach doesn't rate him and pardon me for forgetting Cyle (note the spelling) Larin whose NT appearances have been forgettable. But in ten years...
    Oh God...this isn't even remotely close to what I said.

Come on man, don't be like that. There was a lot of substance in what I posted but you latched onto one sentence, did a poor job of reading comprehension, and vomited on the keyboard. I occasionally enjoy drinking in the afternoon myself but seriously....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Another 20 something preaching about the glorious future of MLS in ten years and another ten years and another ten years.
    To be fair we wish that tons of 20 something's will be preaching the glorious future of the Argos in 10 years and another 10 years and another 10 years.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level

The trolls will say 59% of nuthin' is nuthin' but do we really think that the increase in younger viewers is coming from areas where the game is already popular or is it like the Jays and Raps where the large increases in numbers are really driven by the GTA. The old myth that the CFL trolls keep perpetuating is that only people 65 and older in Saskatchewan watch the CFL and yet if you look at the crowds in Toronto and elsewhere it ain't like that. And speaking of seniors in Saskatchewan, apparently they were watching in full force this week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    So, we've now got TFC trolls here ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    What do you mean now? The previous owner himself was one. So happy Will had the good sense to ban him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    What do you mean now? The previous owner himself was one. So happy Will had the good sense to ban him.
    True enough - should have said "again" I suppose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    No.

He's not being a troll. He's stating some opinion in a TFC thread in an "other sports" forum. The only part that can been seen as trolling is him being optimistic about the TFC's future and the part home grown talent will play. He offered in depth opinions about what TFC was doing and players that are developing.

You know. We always bitch about Argos not creating new fans. Well most of those new fans will come from being (and staying) fans of other sports. So do we really need to bunker down and crap on a new (20 something) fan posting here? Is it our job to turn off fans to the Argos before they even start? It's not like he went into the main forum and talked TFC in Argo threads which would change the dynamic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    No.

He's not being a troll. He's stating some opinion in a TFC thread in an "other sports" forum. The only part that can been seen as trolling is him being optimistic about the TFC's future and the part home grown talent will play. He offered in depth opinions about what TFC was doing and players that are developing.

You know. We always bitch about Argos not creating new fans. Well most of those new fans will come from being (and staying) fans of other sports. So do we really need to bunker down and crap on a new (20 something) fan posting here? Is it our job to turn off fans to the Argos before they even start? It's not like he went into the main forum and talked TFC in Argo threads which would change the dynamic.
    Is this individual an Argonaut and TFC fan or just a TFC fan that wants talk and hype TFC around here ?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

He has trolled CFL in the past, I can prove it and he at least admitted it so I'm not really concerned with him personally. I'm just letting you know where he's coming from, his posts here will speak for themselves.

What I'd rather not see here is a 166 page TFC hate thread like they have for the Argos and CFL, which is their most popular thread and truly pathetic that they are more concerned with perpetuating that than their own team.

And sorry if this sounds like paranoia but there are lots of people who want to see the Argos and CFL dead and they come onto forums and get their insidious little digs in and frankly I'm tired of putting up with that. They don't put up with it at their sites, why should we?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    He has trolled CFL in the past, I can prove it and he at least admitted it so I'm not really concerned with him personally. I'm just letting you know where he's coming from, his posts here will speak for themselves.

What I'd rather not see here is a 166 page TFC hate thread like they have for the Argos and CFL, which is their most popular thread and truly pathetic that they are more concerned with perpetuating that than their own team.

And sorry if this sounds like paranoia but there are lots of people who want to see the Argos and CFL dead and they come onto forums and get their insidious little digs in and frankly I'm tired of putting up with that. They don't put up with it at their sites, why should we?
    We shouldn't. But let's base it on what people do here and no only by rep.