Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Schooners is fine with me (bit of a clash or maybe a friendly competition with the mighty ship Argo !;o) ); but I hope they call them the Atlantic what-evers rather than Halifax ***** - just like the Riders are the Saskatchewan Roughriders- representing the whole province (and not called the Regina Riders).

And even if they get a cosy new stadium (modest cost model like in the Hammer ?). I still say they should play one game a year at the facility in Moncton - to help spread the feel of a Maritimes team.

Again - IMO - this is the single biggest thing the CFL could pull-off to build/improve - a 10th team in Atlantic Canada to give a cross country feel to the league and to finally expand (rather than stay same old or else go backwards with a team folding like in the past) And a 10 team league with an extra game per week on the sched. would be huge for profile/interest (say a Thurday nigher, a Friday nighter with some doubleheaders there, and then games on the weekend - CFL games could be on 4 days a week for some or all of the sched), IMO. Gotta work on a way better TV deal for next time - with a 2nd broadcast partner a good idea IMO.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Schooners is fine with me but I hope they call them the Atlantic what-evers rather than Halifax ***** - just like the Riders are the Saskatchewan Roughriders- representing the whole province.

I still say they should play one game a year at the facility in Moncton - to help spread the feel of a Maritimes team.
    Thy will, will be done They would have to incur some costs playing in Moncton to temporarily expand the stadium unless they only played pre season games there which might be a better idea.