Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    What a game! Great atmosphere. Crowd not as large as the opener, but still lively and loud.

We had no business being in the game in that first quarter! Offense couldn't do anything. BC moving the ball and scoring at will. Then Leake, out of nowhere, with the kick return touchdown. Where did that come from? When's the last time we had one of those? And then a touchdown off an interception! I think we had 19 yards of offense in the entire quarter and and we were still up seven points! Hahahaha!

How about Cam Mutha-@$!%ing-Phillips, eh?? Everybody doubts this guy and wants to make him an alternate, and all he does is make huge plays. Don't know how many yards he had but he bailed us out of a bunch of bad situations.

Chad looked a bit like an inexperienced quarterback for half the game. Holding onto the ball a long time, took some.sacks. played better in the second half, but play calling was conservative. Used his legs and relied on his running backs.

The plan must've been to bait VA. They gave up some huge plays to him, but the Dline got better and started to rush him. That's when the bad decisions really started. Six INTs! The score flattered BC.

Dinwiddie called a good game, but thought he was a little aggressive at times. Maybe I'm risk averse, but there's some situations I would've kicked and he went for it. I hate it when Cameron Dukes is in there on short yardage. The kid ain't got it yet, I'm sorry. That being said, I think he got @%#%ed over on the spot for that turnover on downs. I don't want Chad Kelly in there either for short yardage because I'm afraid he'll get hurt, but I don't think we have a choice right now.

Hope Dylan Giffen is alright. Guy was down for a while and came up holding his ribs.

Hooray for AJ Oulette!!! Everyone knows he's going to run the ball and he still gets a bunch of first downs at the end.

Weird game for the secondary. Giving up huge plays, but also six INTs. I'll be honest, I wasn't a Robertson Daniel fan after the Edmonton game. Thought he had some soft boy plays. Guy was a @%#%ing beaut tonight. Some of those INTs seemed to come pretty easy to the DBs. VA is not going to like film day.

I predicted a loss for this game. Good thing I'm always wrong!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post
    What a game! Great atmosphere. Crowd not as large as the opener, but still lively and loud.

We had no business being in the game in that first quarter! Offense couldn't do anything. BC moving the ball and scoring at will. Then Leake, out of nowhere, with the kick return touchdown. Where did that come from? When's the last time we had one of those? And then a touchdown off an interception! I think we had 19 yards of offense in the entire quarter and and we were still up seven points! Hahahaha!

How about Cam Mutha-@$!%ing-Phillips, eh?? Everybody doubts this guy and wants to make him an alternate, and all he does is make huge plays. Don't know how many yards he had but he bailed us out of a bunch of bad situations.

Chad looked a bit like an inexperienced quarterback for half the game. Holding onto the ball a long time, took some.sacks. played better in the second half, but play calling was conservative. Used his legs and relied on his running backs.

The plan must've been to bait VA. They gave up some huge plays to him, but the Dline got better and started to rush him. That's when the bad decisions really started. Six INTs! The score flattered BC.

Dinwiddie called a good game, but thought he was a little aggressive at times. Maybe I'm risk averse, but there's some situations I would've kicked and he went for it. I hate it when Cameron Dukes is in there on short yardage. The kid ain't got it yet, I'm sorry. That being said, I think he got @%#%ed over on the spot for that turnover on downs. I don't want Chad Kelly in there either for short yardage because I'm afraid he'll get hurt, but I don't think we have a choice right now.

Hope Dylan Giffen is alright. Guy was down for a while and came up holding his ribs.

Hooray for AJ Oulette!!! Everyone knows he's going to run the ball and he still gets a bunch of first downs at the end.

Weird game for the secondary. Giving up huge plays, but also six INTs. I'll be honest, I wasn't a Robertson Daniel fan after the Edmonton game. Thought he had some soft boy plays. Guy was a @%#%ing beaut tonight. Some of those INTs seemed to come pretty easy to the DBs. VA is not going to like film day.

I predicted a loss for this game. Good thing I'm always wrong!!!
    We saw great complementary football tonight by the Argos. Dinwiddie does seem to be getting more aggressive which I have no problem with. They definitely have to figure out the short yardage QB but I would just go with Kelly at this point. Honestly, I don't recall the last time that I saw a QB get injured on such a play anyway.

I have been bullish on Robertson Daniel for three years, but the guy has had terrible luck with injuries and then not being able to find a spot when he returns to health. I thought that he was generally good last week with two fumble recoveries but he was lights out tonight. He came up just two yards short of the CFL record for most interception return yards in a game. He ended up with 170 yards tonight on his 3 picks.

The Argos are currently, far and away IMO, the best team in the East and definitely in the top tier of the league with BC and Winnipeg. Daniel himself had a great interview with TSN following the game and talked about how this team has to continue to improve going into November. I think that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far with this team. Can the Argos finish with 14 wins or more this regular season?
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post

Dinwiddie called a good game, but thought he was a little aggressive at times. Maybe I'm risk averse, but there's some situations I would've kicked and he went for it.
    That’s funny I thought he was too conservative as usual. I don’t understand 3rd and 2 at BC 46 and not trying a 53-yd field goal with a big wind at Bede’s back. And then to try the BS draw-them-offside charade and give up 5, to me it’s a lack of aggressiveness and confidence.

Things look fantastic this year, but I’m still waiting for some improvements in RD’s in-game decision making. Whether it’s this kind of thing, or the Cam Dukes fiasco, or his shortcomings with the challenge flag, I’m hoping he can do better.