Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This clown puts that out for everyone to read. No wonder I have no use for twitter. The man should end up in jail.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So is bringing a firearm across the boarder with out doing any research
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post

That has to be the most horrible Twitter feed I've ever read:

https://twitter.com/#!/edawncoughman
    Agreed. If that is real, not good.

Quote Originally Posted by cossack View Post
    My twitter reply to Edawn:

@edawncoughman 1 year in Toronto is better than 3 to 10 years in Montreal.
    2:32 PM - 4 May 12 via web
    Haha. Good one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Anyone charged with an offence is entitled to a fair trial, so I'll reserve judgment on the weapons charge. But if that Twitter feed is real, the time to cut him loose was last November 8.

Banned
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    The stupid thing is that he got caught. What was he doing waving the gun around? If I was packing no one would know.
    He had it on his night table. Clearly the behaviour of a criminal. *facepalm*

And let's cool it with the character assassinations. Judging somebody by a Twitter feed (consisting of less than 10 posts) is quite possibly the stupidest and shallowest idea ever. You guys will be real happy when he's sitting in jail for 3 years for committing a victimless "crime". It boggles my mind how things like possessing a weapon or a drug can get you jail time. thats tyranny for ya.

Three years for having a gun?! Who gets hurt by guns and these laws?

For Goodness sakes, he would have been better off mugging a random or molesting a child - which are minor offences. The harsh crimes are reserved for the real evil people who dare to have a gun for self defence. This is just so sickening and disgusting. People in this country are so brainwashed to freak out when the see or even hear the word "gun". I guess thats what you get from CTV and CBC news. I'm sure the authorities were on the scene quickly to restore order and subdue the rampant criminal gun-owner.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Haha. Good one.
    Actually its a federal crime... So probably Kingston. He will be closer to both :s

Quote Originally Posted by CptArcher View Post

For Goodness sakes, he would have been better off mugging a random or molesting a child - which are minor offences. The harsh crimes are reserved for the real evil people who dare to have a gun for self defence. This is just so sickening and disgusting. People in this country are so brainwashed to freak out when the see or even hear the word "gun". I guess thats what you get from CTV and CBC news. I'm sure the authorities were on the scene quickly to restore order and subdue the rampant criminal gun-owner.
    I wonder if the league has a handout that it gives to players when they sign a contract. I think that would be a good idea. There are a lot of little things that an American who's never traveled might not think about. For example I doubt their car insurance even covers them in Canada past 30 or 90 days working abroad. Some don't even know they require a passport from what I've seen in the past. Not saying this is the league's fault but there might be an opportunity to make things easyer on these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Man has some serious problems.
    Mother of his kids...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level

For Goodness sakes, he would have been better off mugging a random or molesting a child - which are minor offences. The harsh crimes are reserved for the real evil people who dare to have a gun for self defence. This is just so sickening and disgusting.
    If he would get less time for molesting a child than just having a gun in his hotel room that is just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RoRoYoBoat View Post
    I wonder if the league has a handout that it gives to players when they sign a contract. I think that would be a good idea. There are a lot of little things that an American who's never traveled might not think about. For example I doubt their car insurance even covers them in Canada past 30 or 90 days working abroad. Some don't even know they require a passport from what I've seen in the past. Not saying this is the league's fault but there might be an opportunity to make things easyer on these guys.
    Excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RoRoYoBoat View Post
    Actually its a federal crime... So probably Kingston. He will be closer to both :s
    Hopefully they just send him back down here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level

He had it on his night table. Clearly the behaviour of a criminal. *facepalm*

And let's cool it with the character assassinations. Judging somebody by a Twitter feed (consisting of less than 10 posts) is quite possibly the stupidest and shallowest idea ever. You guys will be real happy when he's sitting in jail for 3 years for committing a victimless "crime". It boggles my mind how things like possessing a weapon or a drug can get you jail time. thats tyranny for ya.
    If you want to talk about Gun laws take it to the off-topic section. You have made no posts about the Argonauts yet also.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    So I guess we'll be going with an all-Canadian o-line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    So I guess we'll be going with an all-Canadian o-line.
    M.O. in Montreal lately for the Als; expect a lot of Als type `thinking`maybe with Millanovich coming over from there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Should it happen, I expect it'll be done out of necessity thanks to this incident. If Als type thinking came into it, Coughman would very likely have been released already.

Banned
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm not a big fan of the all Canadian O-Line.

Is there any evidence that imports are less valuable at O-Line than any other position?

Argos fielded really good teams in 06 and 07 when I believe they had 2-3 import O-linemen (Bernard Williams, Jerome Davis, and Dave Costa if I remember correctly). Even back then, some people were going psycho about having more than 1 import starting at O-line, but having more Canadian O-linemen starting in recent years hasn't seemed to have helped the team.

BC Lions won the Grey Cup with 2 import O-Linemen.

Granted, they have great Canadian talent, but it's not like we have no Canadian talent at other positions. Durie, Watt, Foley, Pottinger and Matt Black are all potentially starter caliber non-imports in my opinion. Jeff Johnson as well if they play with 2 running backs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Coughman is a young guy who seems to suffer perhaps from immaturity more than anything else. This is a minor crime that he committed and I would expect that the punishment will be minimal when all is said and done (a plea bargain perhaps followed by some kind of conditional discharge?). How much of a future does he have with the Argos? It might have been iffy to begin with and this won't help but I wouldn't rule out seeing him at camp either.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    This is getting far to political and personal, I'm going to clean up the thread and move some posts. If you have an issue with it or want to see the moved posts PM me

Thanks

Stephen

Edit:

Done. Sorry it took me a while to reopen the thread, Was busy last night when I received the email report. Removed some posts but wanted another look at it when I wasn't busy
    Last edited by Mulder; 05-06-2012 at 08:52 AM.

New Fan
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Coughman is a young guy who seems to suffer perhaps from immaturity more than anything else. This is a minor crime that he committed and I would expect that the punishment will be minimal when all is said and done (a plea bargain perhaps followed by some kind of conditional discharge?). How much of a future does he have with the Argos? It might have been iffy to begin with and this won't help but I wouldn't rule out seeing him at camp either.
    He still get a chance to play. look at Plaxico. He playing again. Argos will most likely suspend him for a few games.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Plexico went to jail.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hopefully he can get this situation resolved and he can resume his football career.
    Last edited by Invader; 05-06-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The tone of Coughman's Twitter feed hasn't exactly improved over the last couple of days. If he remains as part of the Argo organization, someone with the Argos needs to sit down and have a talk with the young man.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The tone of Coughman's Twitter feed hasn't exactly improved over the last couple of days. If he remains as part of the Argo organization, someone with the Argos needs to sit down and have a talk with the young man.
    If its real. The Argos have links to each player account and there is no Coughman. Its strange the guy doesn't tweet and then when he's arrested he tweets after a two month hiatus. I have no clue why someone would tweet the day of/day after a court appearance. And then reply to a user who happens to be me after all I posted without officially mentioning him was "One CFLr I won't be following (if real) is Edawn Coughman" and then he says what he says to me. Someone on the PR staff last year said Buzbee's account was a fake done by his brother or friend so I won't be surprised if someone he knows from Georgia is jealous or doing it as a joke. I also cannot believe gman's story, anyone can say anything online. Personally I do not think it's really his.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    If its real. The Argos have links to each player account and there is no Coughman. Its strange the guy doesn't tweet and then when he's arrested he tweets after a two month hiatus. I have no clue why someone would tweet the day of/day after a court appearance. And then reply to a user who happens to be me after all I posted without officially mentioning him was "One CFLr I won't be following (if real) is Edawn Coughman" and then he says what he says to me. Someone on the PR staff last year said Buzbee's account was a fake done by his brother or friend so I won't be surprised if someone he knows from Georgia is jealous or doing it as a joke. I also cannot believe gman's story, anyone can say anything online. Personally I do not think it's really his.
    Usually if your mentioned on twitter, you'll get an email as well. It's possible that is the case.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    They had one two days ago. Anyway there is no way they will keep him. Rudge is going to make one phone call to Barker, if he hasn't already. He's done...