Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
Good and bad. It may mean that the Argos free agents are just content with their CFL status. With the Riders releasing Derrick Moncrief today, that has me thinking they are going hard after Pickett come Feb 13. I would almost prefer guys like Pickett to have an NFL look to hitting the free agent market on the 13th. I think there would be a greater chance of returning to the Argos if an NFL tryout was unsuccessful.
Sask re-signed Reavis, so he might be the guy they want playing that position. Regardless, I am (sadly) expecting to lose some key guys to free agency. Hopefully not both Pickett and McManis. Pinball et al have a major task ahead to keep as much of the group together as possible, but Pinner is already dampening fans' expectations.

The league's QB salary scale might be getting reset. Bo has already taken a big haircut and there is some talk the Riders might ask Harris to do so as well. If that happens, we might be on an island (with Wpg) in terms of paying more for the QB position than any other team.