Quote Originally Posted by Flutie View Post
From what I have read about his life in Tampa, he can make more money staying there. He has a business down there and also does motivational speaking too.
It sounds like he has put his family first. Stay with them down there for a year and make a decent living and try the NFL next year.

The ideal solution is the Argos giving him a good raise instead of this "hardball" stuff about "hey you signed for minimum wage and we can't give you anymore" he was one of the main reasons why the Argos won the Grey Cup. There are Canadian "O" linemen that are making more money than him.
If he was just another average player that did nothing spectacular then I would agree, hold him to his contract or walk, but this guy was rookie of the year and he deserves more money!! It's not like this would set a precedence, he's not like the average rookie.
All the Argos have done is guarantee that he won't be back at all even if he doesn't make it with an NFL team, he would never come back to the Argos, he would sign with another CFL team for sure.
If I was working in a business and I was the main reason for the business doing well and they say to me "you can't have a raise because you signed a contract it would set a precedence" I would be out of there. In any other job you could leave even if you signed a contract accepting the wages etc, it is really unfair that he can't walk out and get employment anywhere else.

He might have got a decent raise if he had kept his big, whining mouth shut. Instead, he became a legend in his own mind, who figures he's bigger than the Argo TEAM and is some sort of superior NFL talent.

The guy had a handful of really good games for the Argos, plus made that real nice clutch catch in the East Final winning drive; he also did littl;e in some other games; he's also vastly over-rated by some here IMO; his ultra weak 7 carries for 15 yards in the GC game can easily be replaced. "Main reason" my @r$e.