Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I think starting the week after Victoria Day (unofficial start to summer) would be a good idea, go with the whole kickoff to Summer idea. Get people out to games before the summer holidays get started. Maybe the league could have some sort of reserve fund (from t.v deal money) which could be given out to a team if they have a drop in attendance due to a Stanley Cup run in their city.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobythor View Post
    I think starting the week after Victoria Day (unofficial start to summer) would be a good idea, go with the whole kickoff to Summer idea. Get people out to games before the summer holidays get started. Maybe the league could have some sort of reserve fund (from t.v deal money) which could be given out to a team if they have a drop in attendance due to a Stanley Cup run in their city.
    If the NHL playoffs ended in May like they used to, I would be OK with a June 1 start, but as I've said, it could be suicidal going up against NHL playoffs and Memorial cup at the start of the season. For starters, the league would get next to no National media coverage until after the Stanley Cup has been presented. You think the Argos are a forgotten commodity now, just think how that would affect them in this scenario.

This whole thing about colder weather keeping away fans to me is bs. Should be noted the biggest crowd to ever see the Argos play at BMO was also the coldest day in which they have played a game there. It was also pretty cold for the TFC game last week. I didn't see their fans stay away and complain that the season ends too late.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    This whole thing about colder weather keeping away fans to me is bs. Should be noted the biggest crowd to ever see the Argos play at BMO was also the coldest day in which they have played a game there. It was also pretty cold for the TFC game last week. I didn't see their fans stay away and complain that the season ends too late.
    That might pertain more to the Western fans. I wonder (don't know) if the playoff ticket pricing may be a little out of whack. I always seem to notice the Bomber attendance going down (could be wrong), when for a big game it should be going up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    That might pertain more to the Western fans. I wonder (don't know) if the playoff ticket pricing may be a little out of whack. I always seem to notice the Bomber attendance going down (could be wrong), when for a big game it should be going up.
    Another reason to buy Argos season tickets. A playoff ticket is included in the package.
    It's us vs the rest of the country