Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Wow. Scorched by a team whose Head Coach is Tom Higgins. The very definition of pathetic ignominious defeat.
    Who is the Argo coach? One who says that "it is not an important game".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I haven't seen that. We've made mistakes, but the O really hasn't been nearly productive enough to compensate for our patchy defense. Ray has looked uncertain and doesn't seem to get farther than his second read on most downs.
    The Argos beat themselves in the first half but Montreal was clearly the better team in the second half. In particular, Montreal's defence had its way with the Toronto offence. That matchup, especially in the second half, was the big difference-maker today. The Argos moved the ball well enough in the first half but shot themselves in the foot with fumbles. They simply weren't productive enough in the second half and when it looked like they might have something going with a minute and a half left they turned the ball over on downs. Waters was great on field goals but I thought that he had an off-game with his punting.

I really hope that we don't see a lot of panic on here after this one. The Argos still control their own destiny so it comes down to winning these final few games. They are certainly well aware after this one that they have some work to do.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEZY View Post
    Is this your way of suggesting that Ray should have been pulled?
    Yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEZY View Post
    Well that was frustrating.

To tell you the truth, I had a feeling that this would happen. This morning I read an article where Milanovich insinuated that while Hamilton's game last week was a must-win, this wasn't as important. I'm sure that he conveyed that exact message to his team today as they shot themselves in the foot in every way possible. Exactly what has been haunting them all year: turnovers and penalties. It was clear the players weren't prepared to play today and I lay that solely on Milo.
    The team just squandered its main chance to make the playoffs, and in fine unentertaining fashion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Who is the Argo coach? One who says that "it is not an important game".
    I said it after last week's game but the coaches get no credit for victories and the blame for the losses. All Milanovich said was that last week was a must-win if they wanted to finish first while today's game wasn't because they did have some margin for error with Montreal that they didn't have for Hamilton. Obviously, that margin for error is now gone with today's loss. For the Als, this was a must-win if they wanted to maintain their chance of finishing first.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Why do you assume that? Couldn't he be referring to sitting down in a seat at the Rogers Centre?
    I was referring primarily to the "fun evening of football" which to me means the TSN double header.
    One oar still in the water !

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Yes indeed.

The team just squandered its main chance to make the playoffs, and in fine unentertaining fashion.
    Do you honestly believe Harris would have done better against Montreal's stifling defense? I agree that today wasn't exactly an MOP performance for Ray, but wow...I guess football really is a matter of "what have you done for me lately?" I'm sure his fan club will be out in full force today.

I absolutely agree that a playoff picture is at best doubtful. I don't see Montreal and Hamilton losing from here on in, except of course, when they play each other, which will be a battle for first vs. second.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Strong Al's D but we have to have a better answer for it with the talent that is available. Fumbles and Brazill's drop late in the first half took away valuable points and was the difference in the game in my opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I don't know about you, but I don't "strap in" when I'm watching TV. Palleschi is obviously asking people to watch the game from the cockpit of an airplane, which is an unusual idea but hardly offensive.
    I did not sat it was "offensive". I merely think that promoting watching Argo games on TV is the wrong way to go. It would be futile to attempt to watch the live game from his cockpit- so obviously he will watch on TV.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I said it after last week's game but the coaches get no credit for victories and the blame for the losses. All Milanovich said was that last week was a must-win if they wanted to finish first while today's game wasn't because they did have some margin for error with Montreal that they didn't have for Hamilton. Obviously, that margin for error is now gone with today's loss. For the Als, this was a must-win if they wanted to maintain their chance of finishing first.
    But to me, this exemplifies the "playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win mentality." All games from last week on are, or were, must win for the Argos. Their situation was no different than Hamilton or Montreal's. At least Higgins knew that and properly prepared his troops.

Remember the time in the first quarter when the Argos were third and half-a-yard and Milo made the head-shaking decision to punt? I knew that he was simply playing not to lose, and, in that case, you usually end up losing, as did the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Defence was adequate, especially given the need to play several players out of position. Unfortunately, offence has been much of the same story all year - turnovers, untimely penalties and an inability to score touchdowns. While I didn't feel that the Argos were flat to start the game, I also did not detect playoff level intensity. On the day, Montreal was the better team and deserved the win -- tip of the cap to Higgins ans his boys.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Grigsby going to sign with Hamilton, making the playoffs after this loss doesn't get any easier.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/report-rb-...ton-tiger-cats

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    With Grigsby going to sign with Hamilton, making the playoffs after this loss doesn't get any easier.

As I said over in the other thread, I can't see Grigsby making much of an impact next week as he will not have learned the offence sufficiently by then. I am not convinced that he will make an impact at all for the Ticats as I question just how good he is.

For the Argos, the larger issue, as pointed out by Paul Woods on Twitter, is what will happen at the tailback spot if Curtis Steele can't play next week. He was apparently injured today and walking gingerly in street clothes following the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Hamilton just got stronger today (addressing the RB concerns) and will be highly motivated to avenge last weeks collapse meanwhile our Argonauts completely fill their diapers today, pretty good vibe heading into next weeks showdown don't you think. This team continues to amaze me with their undisciplined play and lip service to correcting these issues but it keeps happening game after game!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    We still control our destiny. Go 3-0 and we finish first. Win the next two games and we are in the playoffs, as far as I can tell (because we'd hold the tie-breaker over both Ham and Mtl). But we will have to play way better to beat either of them.

This is not why we lost the game, but overturning that PI call was astonishing. The defender was waving his arms in Chiles' face (screening) and he impeded him at the end of the play. How the booth could conclude there was no evidence of PI is beyond me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    We still control our destiny. Go 3-0 and we finish first. Win the next two games and we are in the playoffs, as far as I can tell (because we'd hold the tie-breaker over both Ham and Mtl). But we will have to play way better to beat either of them.

This is not why we lost the game, but overturning that PI call was astonishing. The defender was waving his arms in Chiles' face (screening) and he impeded him at the end of the play. How the booth could conclude there was no evidence of PI is beyond me.
    Yes I guess we still do control our own destiny but have removed any margin of error with tonight's performance.
    Constant penalty flags seemingly on every punt and kick return as well as every couple of plays from the line of scrimmage are very frustrating indeed.
    Some of the video replay calls and subsequent explanations are actually embarrassing for this league, perhaps they don't have a camera in the video "command centre" as all you would see is the intense fog from the bongs these dumb jackasses must be smoking when they make these calls.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    As I said over in the other thread, I can't see Grigsby making much of an impact next week as he will not have learned the offence sufficiently by then. I am not convinced that he will make an impact at all for the Ticats as I question just how good he is.

For the Argos, the larger issue, as pointed out by Paul Woods on Twitter, is what will happen at the tailback spot if Curtis Steele can't play next week. He was apparently injured today and walking gingerly in street clothes following the game.
    Grigsby doesn't have to be great to be a major help to Hamilton. However, he has 744 yards rushing and 444 yards receiving showing that he is something of a threat both ways. It was obvious in their Ottawa game, that part of the Redblacks success was that they didn't have to pay much attention to the Hamilton replacement running backs and could therefore focus nearly all of their attention on Hamilton's passing game, thereby limiting the Ticats to 15 points. Grigsby would be enough of a concern that ignoring him as a runner or receiver out of the backfield would likely be costly, while paying some attention to him will make the Ticat game that much more effective.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level

So, Grigsby quits on Winnipeg because of lack of playing time. Gee, I wonder what he will do when Gable and Madu return from injury.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    The Argos beat themselves in the first half but Montreal was clearly the better team in the second half. In particular, Montreal's defence had its way with the Toronto offence. That matchup, especially in the second half, was the big difference-maker today. The Argos moved the ball well enough in the first half but shot themselves in the foot with fumbles. They simply weren't productive enough in the second half and when it looked like they might have something going with a minute and a half left they turned the ball over on downs. Waters was great on field goals but I thought that he had an off-game with his punting.

I really hope that we don't see a lot of panic on here after this one. The Argos still control their own destiny so it comes down to winning these final few games. They are certainly well aware after this one that they have some work to do.
    Those 2 Argo fumbles happen to take place when they had sharpe drives going too. Sean Whyte pinning the Argos deep on successive punts in the 2nd half was also huge for Montreal. I did not forsee the combo of Dinwiddle and Crompton besting Ray and Brady. Huge loss to say the least, but Hamilton could fall from 1st to 3rd next just like the Argos must did.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Crap!!!!!!! That was are playoff game!
    Coach M gets fail this game!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Those 2 Argo fumbles happen to take place when they had sharpe drives going too. Sean Whyte pinning the Argos deep on successive punts in the 2nd half was also huge for Montreal. I did not forsee the combo of Dinwiddle and Crompton besting Ray and Brady. Huge loss to say the least, but Hamilton could fall from 1st to 3rd next just like the Argos must did.
    I would say that it was more the case that Noel Thorpe bested the Argo offensive braintrust this week. Will that happen again in two weeks though? I wouldn't bet on it. The coaching in the East and the league in general is pretty good and it really is a chess match from week to week or even quarter to quarter. The chess match between Austin, Condell, and Steinauer vs. Milanovich, Brady, and Burke will pick again this week and I am sure that we will be in for another nailbiter next Saturday. The Argos still have as good of a chance as anyone in the East of making the playoffs and finishing in first place.

Regarding Paul's post about the overturning of the interference, I still can't understand that call and I have absolutely no idea anymore what constitutes pass interference in this league. How that call against Brown could be overturned has to be one of the most perplexing Command Centre decisions of the season.