This is a terrible decision. Mike Hogan and company are a big part of the Argo family and he is my favourite sports radio personality. How can you throw aside someone who shows such passion for the game? This is a very big blow to the Argo ship in my opinion. I go to every home game, but I love listening to the post game show as I drive away. Hopefully they at least keep that portion of the show.
Sports radio is killing itself really. I absolutely detest it when I hear programming just brought in from the US. We will never, ever hear anything about Canada while that is on. Sports radio hosts fall over themselves to interview American sports people and will talk endlessly about some college basketball when I am sure there are no more than 100 people in the country who care about it. Or talk about some linebacker for some NFL team and never, ever talk about our own league that way. I think this is what is killing their market. They may not think so. Please keep Mike Hogan. This move will only show that the Argos are cheap, cheap, cheap.