Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
It was nice to see changes in the second half.... And we almost did it...and I agree the turnover on the punt return was the key in squashing our comeback.
We are missing the Oline. I think we need better coaching or different coaching .... When the centre is designing new plans and strategies on the sidelines, either the Edmonton Defense showed something new today or the planning during the week wasn't sufficient.
I agree with others, Adams needs to be back on the PR ..... Hopefully for next game when some starters return?
Chad we are all hoping you just have a major bruise .... Yuk
Our special teams could cover today .... But as all have mentioned our return game is non existent. Can we please run north south not east west .... And WATCH THE BALL.... Damn even Bradwell dropped one.

Overall some area of improvement and some areas of suspect communication and confidence. Defense played much better in the second half, but there were times when the effort didn't look strong. That's where Jones gets his guys to play , it seems, with much more passion and desire .... Without getting penalties.

I'm thinking the Argos are missing Jones contribution in finding players to fill in , and getting the
D to play with intensity. Similarly missing McAdoo on the Oline. We basically had the same players last year .... Swap Sewelll for Eppele ..... The Oline was much more effective in 2012 and 13
I don't think it would be wise to trade Sewell, a young player with a future for Eppele, a guy who has been on IR all season with a shoulder issue. I also agree about Adams, but who do you replace him with? Key play of the game was that second ill advised screen to Owens that was picked and taken back for a TD, horrible play call.

Tim Burke has the D playing as advertised, great effort. As long as this team remains unable to stay healthy, don't expect any consistent play on offense. We should be able to smother Jeremiah Masoli on Labour Day and win. Why isn't Robert Gill, a speed guy returning kicks? Too many long fields yesterday too.